Knowledge Management Lawyer - Banking (Germany) (m/w/d)
Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins, the global law firm consistently ranked as one of the top firms in the world, is seeking a Knowledge Management Lawyer in our Frankfurt or Munich offices to work in our German banking practice group. The role can be considered on a full or part-time basis (3 days a week).
The firm’s Knowledge Management program helps our legal teams to deliver globally integrated, commercially savvy, premium advice. Our KM team comprises talented former fee-earning practitioners with regional and international subject-matter experience who coordinate a firm-wide feedback loop of knowledge creation, collection, development, and distribution.
About Latham & Watkins
With offices in 14 countries, more than 2,700 attorneys and over 2,500 professional staff, the key to our success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our global offices that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
The firm is committed to developing its employees and providing opportunities for advancement. We offer employees the chance to gain experience working with some of the biggest global clients in an environment that thrives on creativity and teamwork.
About The Role
As a Knowledge Management Lawyer working closely with the German banking partners, you will be responsible for managing the creation, organization and delivery of knowledge assets for the banking practice in Germany, helping attorneys to work at the highest level and to avoid situations where they are “re-inventing the wheel”. Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and maintaining standard forms, practice notes and other knowledge resources.
- Monitoring legal, regulatory and market practice developments and updating the partners and associates.
- Generally acting as a sounding board for technical legal queries from partners and associates.
- Supporting and developing the team’s training programme and providing substantive training to the team’s associates, as well as more general training on the firm’s KM resources.
- Identifying, collecting and organising precedent and other work product for the practice group in the relevant knowledge management databases.
- Preparing tailored thought leadership materials for clients, including in pitches, newsletters, presentations, client alerts and blog posts.
- Working with partners and associates to support the delivery of the firm’s KM effort, coordinating their involvement, seeking partner feedback and review as required.
Apply to join our team if you are:
- A lawyer qualified in Germany
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- A self-starter willing to take the initiative to advance the firm’s banking practice and perform responsibilities without close supervision
- Second German state exam in law (Zweites juristisches Staatsexamen)
- A minimum of five years’ post-qualification experience as a practising lawyer in the banking practice of a leading international law firm
- Outstanding communication skills in German and English, both written and verbal, and the ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of the firm
- The ability to work independently on and deliver projects of significant complexity on a timely basis.
Latham & Watkins has a well-established Knowledge Management team with defined career progression routes which recognize the experience our colleagues bring to their role. Whilst our expectation is that candidates will have 5 years PQE or more, we are open to candidates at all levels, including those with very significant experience in this field.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Travel and meals allowance
- Pension plan
- Disability insurance, personal accident insurance & life assurance
- Professional development programs
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Sport courses and training
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of global affinity groups (including LGBTQ group, multicultural group, women’s group). These provide a platform for staff to share experiences, advice, and interests, encouraging a continued discussion on diversity.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
Something looks off?