Who We Are
Founded in 2015 in Switzerland, Metaco is an enterprise technology company whose mission is to enable financial and non-financial institutions to securely build their digital asset operations. The company’s core product, Harmonize™, is a mission-critical orchestration platform for digital assets. From asset-agnostic custody and trading to tokenization, staking and smart contract management, the platform seamlessly connects institutions to the broad universe of decentralized finance and Web3 decentralized applications.
Metaco has established itself as the institutional standard for digital asset infrastructure, trusted by the world’s largest global custodians, banks, regulated exchanges, and corporates. Its software and technology solutions enable institutions to store, trade, issue and manage any type of digital asset – such as crypto and digital currencies, digital securities, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) – with the highest possible security and agility.
We are seeking a Software Architect to join our Engineering team in Switzerland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Contribute, mentor, and review product change proposals to ensure architectural quality
- Learn, analyse, and propose improvements to our current architecture
- Make technical decisions, produce standards and guidelines, and ensure that the system meets the business, technical, and quality requirements
- Collaborate with internal partners to validate architectural changes, collect feedback, and share the architecture ownership
- Build and maintain documentation and diagrams to communicate the architecture internally and externally
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs and requirements, occasionally providing guidance on technical topics
- Learn continuously and stay up-to-date on industry standards and emerging practices, providing suggestions to the team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years of architecture and systems design experience
- Knowledge of software architecture principles, patterns, and practices
- Experience scaling high-availability distributed systems
- Experience with on-premise and SaaS contexts
- Knowledge in one or several of these topics: blockchains, enterprise software integration, front end architecture, data lakes, secure systems, cryptography
- Positive communication and interpersonal ability, willingness to work with remote teammates and clients
- Ability to mentor and coach team members
Other common names for this role: Scala Developer, Scala Engineer, Scala Architect, Technical Architect, Systems Architect, Technical Design Engineer, Technical Design Lead, Application Architect, Software Architecture, Service Architect, Platform Architect
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company, working collectively to tackle the most challenging problems at the intersection of distributed ledgers, blockchain technology, applied cryptography, banking, capital markets and finance. We provide an entrepreneurial culture, where merit, contribution and teamwork are rewarded. Our team is important to us, and we work hard to support both the personal and professional development of team members. We understand that maintaining a good work-life balance is crucial to a healthy and happy workplace, that is why we provide flexible working policies for employees to fit their individual needs. Join us to make your mark on the transformation of the financial services industry.