Senior Director, Reference Data
The successful applicant will have a background in leading the transition from on prem, ETL driven data warehouse approaches to mastering data towards data lake and catalog driven approaches in cloud.
Implement organization strategies through the effective direction and management of resources, while being accountable for the business strategies, functional or operational areas, processes or programs.
Responsible and accountable for managing and developing a team of people, setting direction and deploying resources on varying projects, participating in organization-wide projects, while providing guidance and expertise on an as needed basis. Managers are required to understand how other business units operate, how their goals align with organizational goals and have budget and profit/loss responsibility.
Designs and develops information technology solutions for internal or external clients, which may include systems strategy, development and/or integration services.
May also complete consulting projects with external clients in the area of technology strategy, information systems security, data strategy, systems architecture, custom systems development, new installation and migrations of function/business area applications, application integration web, IP and online solutions and networking.
Designs, codes, tests and/or customizes solutions to meet client requirements.
May support systems infrastructure, desktop or network architects by preparing detailed specifications.
Develops new technology product ideas or strategic product extensions into a commercial product.
Establishes technology product specifications, and collaborates with various functions to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Provides leadership and direction through team members.
- Takes accountability for the performance and results of related teams and disciplines.
- Executes functional business plans and contributes to the development of functional strategies, ensuring alignment with current trends and functional/business results.
- Formulates, communicates and executes both functional and organizational policies and practices.
- Implements and adapts plans to meet internal and external customer needs, ensuring alignment with strategy and expectations.
- Evaluates current business processes and systems, driving cost-savings and risk control.
- Ensures all work in business unit is compliant with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Review business unit’s performance data (financial, sales, activity reports, etc. to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels.
- Applies expertise and understanding of competition and industry trends to projects, strategy, etc.
- Coaches and inspires lower level managers to achieve better performance.
- Motivates, develops, recruits and retains employees while rewarding and cultivating a culture of high performing teams.
- Provides strategic input/guidance to teams working with IT systems strategy, development and/or integration services to clients.
- Consults with and advises client organization’s system requirements, and how to design/acquire technology solutions that align to their strategy and processes.
- Leads others in the analysis of clients’ needs and design of business process requirements; or is the technical lead on project team defining needs.
- Has the capability to work across related disciplines and across divisions on a broader strategic software engineering problem.
- Challenges others to be innovative in their thinking, design and delivery of competitive software solutions.
- Leads project teams to improve functionality of existing products to result in improved performance and/or enhanced product usability for competitive or commercial gain.
- Develops new program logic and/or assembles standard logic modules to create new applications. Will often lead individuals or teams, challenging them to be more innovative in their thinking.
- Works in a multidiscipline situation, across Architecture, QA and Testing, Network design and enterprise resource planning customizations. People refer locally to the principal on issues that seem ‘unsolvable’.
- Uses technology trends and competitive landscape expertise and makes technology decisions to drive opportunities and competitive advantage for our clients.
- Provides a deep domain and industry experience and expertise to design and develop creative solutions.
- Provides deep awareness of technology and market trends to anticipate industry changes and conceptualize solutions.
Additional Job Description
- Education Required: At least Masters’ Degree or MBA; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: At least 12 years
- Special Qualifications: Maintains professional association memberships. Specialized development in business acumen, financial and strategic thinking.
- Please note this position may be remote with the expectation of travelling to our Rockville, MD office about once a month.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.
In addition to base salary, Nasdaq offers significant other compensation (annual bonus/commissions and equity), benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.