Event Specialist, Corporate Platforms
Nasdaq is looking for an enthusiastic professional with prior experience in an events position, preferably within a similar organization such as a professional services or financial services firm. In this role, you will coordinate and help execute global hosted, sponsored and experiential events for Corporate Platforms, aimed at our key target audiences for our ESG and IR Business Units in addition to key partnerships and on-site events.
The Event Specialist position is heavily focused on coordinating logistics and acting as a project manager to help execute a project plan to ensure overall success of the event. You will work with the Business Unit Marketing leads and with global marketing colleagues to plan, manage and deliver key event marketing initiatives for all business lines within the Corporate Platforms umbrella globally often acting as the project manager to keep stakeholders on track.
In this role, you will be responsible to deeply understand the businesses units within Nasdaq, specifically Corporate Platforms, and their needs. You will improve our conference presence, create unique hosted events, strengthen the Nasdaq brand, and generate demonstrable ROI.
The events you will support in this role are intended to generate meaningful connections with high-level management of existing customers, to repair any negative relationships and to foster new relationships with prospective customers, and to consistently promote Nasdaq’s products and brand enterprise wide. In addition, the events you will work on are intended to serve as a platform for Nasdaq to act as thought leaders by contributing to the regional and global conversation.
This position is based in New York and reports to the Head of Corporate Platform Events, based in New York.
- Coordinate event logistics for conference sponsorships to ensure what we need is delivered (including exhibit booths, marketing materials, branded items, etc.)
- Support a selection of hosted events – large and small scale, including space reservations, coordination with local executive assistants, catering orders, marketing material production/distribution, name badges, AV management, attendee lists/invite process, building security, etc.
- Assist with venue sourcing for large scale conferences including generating RFPs, organizing data and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Create and develop event invitations, resends, reminders and post-event communications for all events
- Assist with on-site event duties including delivering specific operations (ie: general event set up, badge desk, assisting with registration, shot calling for AV for larger productions, catering and supporting on site program team as needed)
- Act as on-site support, when requested, for additional designated meetings and events to ensure successful meeting execution
- Assist with ROI tracking following each event in partnership with Marketing
- Budget management at all steps of the event, starting at the conceptualization process
- Strict adherence to meeting protocols (cost saving measures, risk policies, contract approvals)
- Ongoing ownership of team resources including restaurant lists, area information, furniture inventory, swag/high-end gifting vendors, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and managing deadlines around sponsor event deliverables while serving as sponsor liaison and handle all communication with sponsors around contract deliverables, registration, and event details, while continuing to update internal stakeholders along the process
- Reconciles with accounting all payments for these events, purchase order management and tracking budget
Additional Job Description
- Well-presented with a professional approach
- A keen interest in developing a career in marketing and events
- Ability to step in as a “flex” to support other team members when event schedule conflicts arise
- Flexible and a hardworking team player
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Must be able to exert energy, excitement, and clear delivery of a project plan for each event
- Self-motivated, articulate, and have an ability to work autonomously, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in CRM systems; preferably in Salesforce, Knak and Market
- Experience with marketing automation tools
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.The base pay range for this role is $74,800 - $124,600. In addition to base salary, Nasdaq provides a generous annual bonus/commission (short-term incentive), and equity (long-term incentive), comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.