Corporate ESG & Environmental Strategy and Reporting Specialist
At Nasdaq, our purpose is to advance economic progress for all. We power stronger economies, create more equitable opportunities, and contribute to a more sustainable world to help our communities, clients, employees, and people of all backgrounds reach their full potential. Our mission is to bring together ingenuity, integrity, and insights to deliver markets that accelerate economic progress and empower people to achieve their greatest ambitions!
Nasdaq’s Corporate ESG Strategy and Reporting team is responsible for implementing Nasdaq’s sustainability strategy; communicating the organization’s ESG performance, metrics, and ambitions through the annual Corporate Sustainability Report and related ESG filings; and collaborating with subject matter experts across the organization to ensure the timely and accurate gathering and reporting of ESG data. The team’s objective is to advance Nasdaq’s position as a world-class leader in corporate sustainability and ESG reporting.
This position is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively within a small team and play an active role in driving ESG strategy and reporting for the company, with a strong focus on environmental sustainability. The Corporate ESG Strategy and Reporting Specialist will report directly to the Vice President, ESG Strategy and Reporting and work closely with fellow team members and collaborators to implement Nasdaq’s ESG strategy.
- Contribute to the planning, content development, data collection and publication of our annual ESG reporting suite (Sustainability Report, TCFD Report, GRI, SASB, WEF Indexes, etc.)
- Collaborate with environmental and other subject matter experts to evolve, establish and report on corporate environmental and other ESG objectives, goals and targets.
- Collect, review and manage data verification of critical environmental and other ESG data, including company energy and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) data.
- Respond to ESG-related requests, client surveys and questionnaires, including CDP, S&P CSA, EcoVadis, etc.
- Benchmark global ESG disclosure and reporting best-practices.
- Contribute to the improvement of ESG reporting controls and processes.
- Stay apprised of evolving ESG disclosure regulations to ensure preparedness and compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of voluntary ESG standards and frameworks.
- Prepare and present environmental updates to Nasdaq’s Corporate ESG-related Committees.
- Prepare ESG engagement materials for employee education sessions and investor engagement meetings.
What we expect
- 2-3 years of Corporate ESG/Environmental sustainability reporting experience, preferably with experience in climate-related disclosures.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (sustainability, environmental science, economics, business management, finance) or relevant experience.
- Experience working with the various ESG raters, rankers, and frameworks (GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, etc.).
- Proficiency in greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting.
- Solid understanding of financial reporting and/or accounting.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities and make quick and accurate decisions.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build trusted relationships across the organization.
- Project management experience with a track record of successful cross-functional collaboration.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and drive change.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
What would be helpful
- Existing expertise in upcoming climate-relate global regulations and environmental disclosures.
- Experience with third-party data management systems and project management tools.
- Graduate degree in ESG or sustainability management.
- Accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.The base pay range for this role is $67,300 - $112,200. In addition to base salary, Nasdaq provides a generous annual bonus/commission (short-term incentive), and equity (long-term incentive), comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.