Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist
The Financial Planning & Analysis group drives the planning processes for Nasdaq, including annual budgets, monthly forecasts, product profitability, and long-range financial forecasts.
As Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist, we expect you to perform a variety of finance and accounting duties in support of corporate support organizations and the FP&A group! This position requires experienced-level professional work and frequent interaction with department managers within several business units in both US and non-US locations, the entire Finance organization, and may include members of the executive team.
- Handle financial activities including the monthly close process, balance sheet account valuations and reconciliations, expense forecasting, long range planning, and expense allocations to product lines
- Analyze variances, trends, risks and opportunities, performance against budget/forecast/targets, key business drivers and sensitivities
- Highlight operational performance issues and recommend actions
- Support department managers and senior management within the support organizations for all financial aspects of their business
- Ensure accurate accounting and planning of centrally planned expenses, which may include real estate or new initiative planning, and understand associated allocation models.
- Support the consensus reporting for Investor Relations and external reporting with quarterly and annual schedules, templates and associated analysis Manage/update/enhance all automation of reporting within Service Function area
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in a financial environment applying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of financial planning business processes and budgeting
- High proficiency in utilizing Workday, Hyperion/Essbase, MS Excel, PowerPoint and relational database applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- And it would be great if you also have experience in: Power BI and Alteryx
- Experience in developing dashboard and automated reporting Hyperion Smartview & Financial Reporting Studio experience
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.The base pay range for this role is $73,400 - $122,400. In addition to base salary, Nasdaq provides a generous annual bonus/commission (short-term incentive), and equity (long-term incentive), comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.