Software Engineering Manager
Responsible and accountable for managing and developing a team of people, setting direction and deploying resources on varying projects, participating in organization-wide projects, while providing guidance and expertise on an as needed basis. Managers are required to understand how other business units operate, how their goals align with organizational goals and have budget and profit/loss responsibility.
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure.
Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
eVestment, a growth-focused subsidiary of Nasdaq, is looking for a passionate Software Engineering Manager to join the eVestment Technology team. The tools we build sit at the center of the Institutional Investing marketplace and your work enables our clients to confidently make business decisions worth billions of dollars. You'll be leading and coaching two full-stack engineering teams in an Agile Scrum process.
If innovation and effectiveness drive you forward, this is the place for you!
Your role and responsibilities
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing and developing two teams of engineers who design, implement, and maintain solutions through new and existing applications. In addition to working closely with your two teams, you will also work with members of our Product and Agile Governance organizations.
· Supervise your teams' activities and sprint ceremonies and ensure that the teams are operating in an efficient and effective manner.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to develop product roadmaps, determine estimates and communicate project progress.
· Mentor and motivate your team members and hold regular 1-1 meetings.
· Possess a desire to contribute and deliver code when needed
A degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
· Full-stack experience with the following technologies/languages:
· Server-side programming languages, such as C#, Java or Node
· Relational database engines, such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
It would be great if you have
· Software delivery experience in a SaaS environment
· Tech Lead, or Managerial experience
· Hands-on experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS or Azure
· Microservices design & development experience
eVestment, a growth-focused subsidiary of Nasdaq, is a leading fintech firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with offices around the world. Our primary goal is to transform the institutional investment industry through data, insights, and innovative technologies. Consistently ranked as a top workplace, our environment is fun, smart, and energetic.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.
In addition to base salary, Nasdaq offers significant other compensation (annual bonus/commissions and equity), benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.