Lead Technical Product Owner
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com
The Nasdaq Governance Solutions Product Team is hiring a Technical Product Owner who is not just passionate about Product Development but also has a deep understanding of front-end technologies. If you're someone who thrives on innovation and effectiveness, and you're excited about delivering top-tier technology solutions, then you're the kind of candidate we're looking for!
Come be a part of the Product Development organization for Nasdaq Boardvantage, where the primary mission is to build cutting-edge governance software for Boards and Leadership teams. As our newest Technical Product Owner, you'll be joining a dynamic group of experienced team members who are as enthusiastic about technology as you are. In this role, you'll be instrumental in the ideation, design, and delivery of new product features with a strong focus on front and back-end development. You'll also be responsible for enhancements and support for our enterprise product, ensuring it meets the highest technical standards.
Your role and responsibilities
As a Technical Product Owner your focus will be working closely with the engineering team to align the product's strategic goals with technical feasibility, advocate for technical excellence and help to identify areas for technological innovation.
- Actively participate in technical discussions and architectural reviews. Make informed decisions based on technical constraints and opportunities.
- Gathers requirements from internal stakeholders, clients, and partners. Conduct user research to understand client pain points and vet features and solutions.
- Write user stories and prioritize the product backlog with a focus on delivering high-impact features and technical improvements. Evaluate feature feasibility and complexity in collaboration with technical leads.
- Leads the efforts of the scrum team to plan program increments, sprints, and releases, inclusive of product features, technical initiatives, production support issues as well as release and operational support.
- Regularly update stakeholders on product status, key milestones, and technical challenges, translating complex technical concepts into understandable terms.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies to bring fresh perspectives to the product development process.
- Supports testing processes, reviews results, identifies bottlenecks, and provides guidance on solutions and priorities.
- Supports our front-line Client Success organization by helping create training materials, and by speaking directly to clients/partners to demonstrate features and enhancements.
- Becomes adept in the practice of Governance as it applies to tools needed to conduct an effective board meeting from prep through follow up.
We do expect you to have the following as a minimum for this role:
- At least 8 years of experience in product development, with a minimum of 5 years focused on technical products or platforms.
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies, including SAFe, Scrum and Kanban. Scrum Master or Product Owner certification is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder expectations and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that include front-end and back-end developers, designers, and QA.
- Experience with data analytics tools and the ability to derive insights from data to inform product decisions.
- Strong understanding of modern front-end frameworks like React or Angular.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Willing to work extended hours to accommodate clients and team members in other regions.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in Governance tools
- Experience in corporate information security best practices
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.
In addition to base salary, Nasdaq offers significant other compensation (annual bonus/commissions and equity), benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.