Technical Research Intern - 2024 Summer Internship
Nasdaq's Internship Program provides outstanding opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience during a 10-week internship. As part of the program, you will partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and take on a real-world project with real-world impact and gain practical skills that will help shape your career for years to come. Additionally, you will meet with senior leaders and participate in professional development activities throughout your internship.
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright is a boutique investment advisory and asset management division of Nasdaq, focused on providing quantitative capital market strategies to Wall Street and professional money managers globally. The team releases daily market notes, produces longer-form studies using technical analysis, and supports clients daily via their research platform. The team is seeking a Technical Research Intern for the summer of 2024 to assist with ad hoc daily research tasks, longer-form studies on security price trends/indicators, and communications with financial advisors about their firm’s investment tools/views. The scope of this role allows for high levels of exposure to key business leaders and investors, allowing driven interns the potential to connect with individuals not typically available to entry positions in the investment world.
- Work in the Richmond, VA office at least three days per week (Tuesday - Thursday) for the duration of the internship (the remainder two weekdays will be remote eligible).
- Demonstrate an interest in the fields of asset management, equity research, technical analysis, and/or investment advising.
- Be proactive and capable of working autonomously at times with little direct supervision.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or have a working knowledge of a programming language (Python or VBA, as an example).
An ideal candidate will also:
- Be studying Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field at a university level.
- Already have experience with market research, personal investing, technical analysis, or investment advising.
- Student investment funds/clubs are a preferred involvement.
- Have strong technical writing ability. For instance, we communicate market views daily to our clients, so having an intern capable of performing quantitative research and translating that into common language is desirable.
- Generate ideas for growing brand awareness and engaging with more investors via social media outlets.
Internship Program Requirements
10 week commitment with availability to start in June
Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
Motivated self-starter who is results-driven
Possess a curious nature around learning new topics and solving problems
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.