Ventures Intern - 2024 Summer Internship
Nasdaq's Internship Program provides outstanding opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience during a 10-week internship. As part of the program, you will partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and take on a real-world project with real-world impact and gain practical skills that will help shape your career for years to come. Additionally, you will meet with senior leaders and participate in professional development activities throughout your internship.
Launched in 2017, Nasdaq Ventures is a global corporate venture program focused on partnering with high growth startups that align with and accelerate our vision to reimagine the markets of tomorrow. We invest in early and growth stage startups across seven key themes: data analytics, artificial intelligence, RegTech and compliance, blockchain and digital assets, market infrastructure, new marketplaces, and ESG.
The Nasdaq Ventures Internship Program provides unique exposure to the world of corporate venture capital and financial technology. As an intern, you will assist the team in evaluating new investments and supporting our existing portfolio companies. You will work collaboratively with the strategy leads for each of Nasdaq’s business units, network with senior colleagues, and meet dozens of passionate founders from across the globe.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities through industry research, pitch meetings with founders, and business-driven strategic landscape reviews
- Provide support during due diligence and deal execution for new and follow-on investments through financial modeling, market research, commercial partnership structuring, and analysis of investment considerations, terms, and risk factors
- Complete an industry research project on an area that is strategically relevant for Nasdaq, identify investable startups, and present findings to Ventures team and business unit leadership
- Must be a rising Junior enrolled full time for the upcoming semester in an accredited college or university with a major in business, finance, or related fields; on-track to graduate
- 10 week commitment with availability to start in June 2024
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Motivated self-starter who is results-driven
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required
- Possess a curious nature around learning new topics and solving problems
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.