Financial Analyst (Investment Intelligence)
Join fast growing Investment Intelligence Index Finance Team whose primary focus is to engage with II leadership as a strategic and decision-making partner. Help achieve revenue and margin growth by delivering timely, insightful analysis and driving profitability while maintaining financial order and accuracy. The team consist of 5 highly talented and motivated people based in the US, Canada, and Vilnius.
As Financial Analyst (Investment Intelligence - Index) you will be responsible for expense reporting, planning and analysis processes within Investment Intelligence business unit, providing insight and transparency into direct and allocated expenses for business leads in support of our overall P&L management process.
- In collaboration with the rest of the team, lead the expense month-end close and planning process (accrual calculations, journal entries, monthly expense forecast, quarterly long range plan and annual budget) from securing input through reporting, analysis and presentation to senior management;
- Create, consolidate and present financial reports to senior management with a consultative, informative approach to fulfil the need for financial follow up, business planning and business control within the organization;
- Identify opportunities to improve the consistency and accuracy of the financial information;
- Support Procure-to-Pay process within our business area to ensure timely processing of vendor payments;
- Contribute to the development and/or improvement of existing financial systems to effectively track and analyze financial data;
- Participate in improving the reporting structure such as product hierarchy, department structure and headcount allocations;
- Assist with the annual audit, SOX documentation and internal control procedures;
- Provide solutions for ad hoc expense analysis requests, analyze trends and metrics to develop strategy, programs and policies within organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Business Administration
- Experience Required: 2 to 3 years
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, thorough and well organized
- Able to utilize strong analytical skills, ensure accuracy, research and correct errors
- Financial knowledge including understanding of key accounting principles (US GAAP) is required
- Ability to be flexible, adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of Workday Financials or OneStream is preferred but not a requirement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and formulas) is required; experience with BI tools (QlikView, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI) is a plus;
This is a full time permanent position located in Rockville, Maryland. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.
In addition to base salary, Nasdaq offers significant other compensation (annual bonus/commissions and equity), benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.