Senior Staff Accountant External Reporting
The Senior External Reporting Accountant will participate in the preparation and quarterly consolidation of external financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position will develop presentation and reports for the Board of Directors and senior management, as well as the annual requirements as specified by external parties and management. This position will also lead various special projects/analysis related to external reporting, provide direction other staff, and provide support to the external auditors during financial statement audits.
This position reports into our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO, with a hybrid schedule available.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Compensation decisions will be made based on factors that include but are not limited to experience, education, location and skill level
Enterprise Holdings Inc. is a leading provider of mobility solutions, owning and operating the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries. Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates offer extensive car rental, carsharing, truck rental, fleet management, retail car sales, as well as travel management and other transportation services, to make travel easier and more convenient for customers.
Privately held by the Taylor family of St. Louis, Enterprise Holdings together with its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management manages a diverse fleet of 2.1 million vehicles and accounted for nearly $30 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2022 through a network of more than 10,000 fully-staffed neighborhood and airport rental locations in more than 90 countries and territories.
- Serve as a mentor to other staff members
- Assist with the coordination of quarterly consolidation closing by posting adjusting journal entries and elimination entries;, reconciling accounts to the general ledger and gathering related reporting information
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for inclusion in the internal financial reporting package
- Prepare fluctuation reports and presentations for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting
- Prepare annual financial statements, footnotes and other reports necessary for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and debt covenant requirements
- Participate in the preparation of footnotes for management discussion and analysis; review and analyze statement variances
- Support the external auditors during financial statement audits
- Coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes for foreign entities
- Communicate financial data to department managers, upper management, and employees from other departments
- Prepare benefit plan financial statements
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting
- Must have 2 or more years of Accounting and Reporting experience
- Must have Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable working independently or in a team
Something looks off?