Accounting Internship - Year Round
Enterprise Fleet Management, an affiliate of Enterprise Holdings, is currently searching for a Year-Round Accounting Intern to work within our Business Management Department. Enterprise Fleet Management is a privately held, full-service fleet management business for companies, government agencies and organizations with medium-sized fleets. We handle all aspects of fleet management including vehicle acquisition, financing and disposal as well as provide risk management, maintenance and fuel programs for our customers.
This intern will be exposed to various accounting functions and administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be professional and detail oriented.
This exciting opportunity works Monday-Friday 15-20 hours per week during the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters. During the summer, this position would work Monday-Friday 40 hours per week.
Our office is located at 9315 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63132. This position is primarily work from home with the occasional opportunity to come into the office for team building activities and meetings.
Starting pay is $18.00 per hour.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with bank reconciliations and related processes
- Bill EFM customers for citations, and answer related questions from customers and internal staff
- Key Car Sales
- Provide Fleet Replacement Analysis for EFM Sales Teams
- Receive and process financial statements from customers
- Communicate financial discrepancies with internal parties
- Verify that the financial statements balance
- Update internal databases and spreadsheets
- Perform miscellaneous administrative job duties, as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Missouri
- Must reside in St. Louis or immediate surrounding counties
- Must graduate in May 2024 or later, and be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior enrolled full time for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters in a college or university
- Currently pursuing a bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Ability to work 15-20 hours a week during the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters and 40 hours per week during the summer
- 6 months of customer service experience or 3 months of administrative support in a office environment
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Products
- Must be willing to accept $18.00 per hour
Work from Home Requirements:
- Have permanent residence with defined working space (home office, spare bedroom, etc.) that is clean, ventilated and quiet.
- Working space with working smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit.
Work from Home Technical Requirements:
- Must have reliable and consistent high-speed internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider (no DSL, satellite or wireless) **you can use wireless but signal strength will be off, especially if you use a phone throughout the day
- High-speed Internet connection with a minimum validated upload and download speed of 3Mb or greater (please validate using a speed test tool such as http://www.speedtest.net/)
- Working web camera for virtual collaboration
Qualified candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Takes action to meet goals and objectives
- Follows a business plan
- Accomplishes tasks according to the direction and instructions provided.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Meets others’ needs in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Places others’ needs above one's own needs
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Provides facts and details when conveying information
- Thoroughly reviews information for accuracy and consistency
- Gathers and examines information from multiple sources
- Studies facts and details
- Considers past experiences and history
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing
- Clearly communicates messages, thoughts, and ideas to others
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills
- Readily adapts to change
- Moves easily from one task or responsibility to another
- Is able to perform tasks or complete processes in ambiguous situations
Something looks off?