Corporate Paralegal / Corporate Secretary
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Nium’s Global Legal Team works at the intersection of financial technology and regulatory frameworks. Our work helps Nium build delightful and innovative products, understand and manage risks, and creatively navigate complexity and challenges, both external and internal.
We’re looking for a fast-learning and dynamic Corporate Paralegal / Corporate Secretary, based out of our Singapore office,with expertise in legal entity management and corporate governance. In this role, you’ll work withthe Board of Directors, senior leadership, corporate development, finance, legal, compliance and other teams. You’llhelp to manage Nium’s broad global portfolio of group entities (included regulated entities) and develop a robust corporate governance program to help support Nium’s continued rapid global growth.
- You’ll manage a broad global portfolio of group entities, including company formation, director onboarding (including director orientation) and offboarding, and managing external corporate secretariate vendors to support these activities.
- You’ll help to build out Nium’s corporate governance program, ensuring that Nium is meeting its legal and regulatory requirements and implementing best practices for private companies.
- You’ll work with the Nium leadership and Board of Directors (and its committees) to plan board and committee meetings, ensuring that a high standard of materials are being produced for board and committee meetings.
- You’ll prepare board and committee meeting minutes, and will manages the corporate records to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, and corporate governance best practices.
- You’ll actively collaborate with a wide variety of teams at Nium, including corporate development, finance, HR, legal and compliance, on a range of issues to enable Nium’s continued global expansion.
- You’ll Identify areas to improve our existing processes with technology, and generally improve leverage across the team.
- You will have 6+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal / corporate secretary in an in-house corporate secretarial team, law firm or professional services firm. Relevant qualifications are a plus.
- You have good working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and corporate governance best practices.
- You’re highly collaborative, inquisitive, and solutions-oriented, ideally with prior experience managing or supporting corporate governance at fast moving technology and/or financial services companies.
- You’re biased towards action and impact, and no task is too big or too small for you; you can roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You have exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, can build strong relationships with business colleagues, and can simplify corporate governance concepts and communicate them in easy-to-understand language.
- You are curious, passionate about your work, and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You’re humble with low-ego, have a strong desire to grow and learn, and have a deep commitment to your teammates.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?