Fraud Risk Manager - Risk Policy and Solutions
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices inSan Jose, San Francisco, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
- Develop Risk policies and strategies to understand and mitigate fraud on the platform while enabling the business to grow.
- Thorough knowledge of different fraud types and the strategy to combat each fraud type while enhancing customer experience for the good customer.
- Understand impact of risk policy on Okcoin’s ecosystem (trade-off between loss/risk mitigation and revenue growth / positive customer experience).
- Define the appropriate metrics to measure the success of the new policies and their impacts of risk loss management, customer experience, operations and business
- Responsible for monitoring performance of the risk portfolio and promoting business growth with the right balance OKCoin risk appetite.
- Present new solutions to the risk team to keep evolving Okcoin’s risk eco-system for the better.
- Deep understanding of opportunities within the risk eco-system and presenting creative solutions to avoid losses.
- Promote a data-driven culture within the department with value-added data analysis and timely management of information;
- Engage in storytelling via data analytics to connect the dots and visualize problems or pain points within the business; and
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with Product, Customer Service, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development to build and operationalize robust risk solutions to address emerging business issues.
- Bachelor degree or Master Degree in quantitative, business analytical majors
- 5+ years define risk management policies or solutions in Fintech, eCommerce, or financial services.
- Solid communication and story telling skills in both writing and speaking
- Preferably strategy or policy consultancy experience from elite consulting firms
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple fraud areas: investigations, chargebacks, identity theft, account takeover, ACH Rejects, wire fraud, etc.;
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts e.g. SQL, Python, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, Identity Verification, etc.;
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through;
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Able to work in Bay area.
- Crypto/Blockchain experience;
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL queries. Ability to use Python for data analytics is desirable.
- Relevant Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), etc.
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $190,000 to $285,000.
The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
Something looks off?