Senior Staff Software Engineer, Payments
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team
Our Payments Team is a recently-formed development team focused on supporting a growing list of integrations to support payments, crypto transactions and the creation of complex compliance and regulation flows. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About the Opportunity
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and develop 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed systems, the tech stack will be on AWS. Java would be the language for the existing code base. Java Spring Boot will be the framework
- Write unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD scripts
- Own, monitor and improve our services in production
- Lead design efforts, write technical design documents and hold design review meetings
- Own and lead collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including: Product, Design, Business and oversea engineering teams
- Development and testing of high quality product features spanning multiple product domains
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development goals and principles
- Be a technical leader; research and promote new technologies and tools
- Face technical challenges - performance, fault-tolerance, security and live production issues
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, influence every step of the way
- Be part of an amazing fast-paced team
What We Look For In You:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in software development, with a focus on building complex systems for infrastructure, including storage, distributed systems, or large-scale system design.
- Expertise as Java developer, other language experience (C++, Python, Go, Rust) can be a plus
- Experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. And expertise in dealing with complex legacy systems and transforming them into modern, scalable solutions.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing solutions using advanced industry technologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to solve cross-cutting concerns in application design, such as security, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- A deep understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services; experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, including CI/CD, monitoring, and incident response.
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- A continuous learner, keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Fluent in both spoken and written Mandarin and English
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot is preferred
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Familiarity with product management processes and tools
- Experience working with teams across offices and time zones
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $233,000.00 to $350,000.00. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?