People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team
People is at the heart of OKG culture. Our People team plays a key role in building success in terms of our people, culture and talent that provides significant impact to our rapidly-scaling organization.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a passionate HR Professional to join our team as a HR Generalist. This role requires great communication skills and the ability to with autonomy and serves as a bridge between the Malta team, the US HR and other HR teams, including the Shared Service Center in Beijing and Hong Kong. This role will report into the Head of People.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide full-cycle HR services from onboarding to offboarding
- Work closely with the People team on improving HR procedures and overall employee experience
- Serve as a liaison between Malta Office and other offices, especially in HR capacity
- Advise management on HR best practices in accordance with local regulations
- Administer HR reporting
- Administer employee benefits
- Execute talent management initiatives, e.g, arranging new hire orientations, OKR settings and follow-ups, employee trainings, etc.
- Build effective relationships with internal customers and internal and external resources
- Research and communicate HR best practices with the broader HR team
- Document HR practices and procedures into HR SOP/playbook
- Coordinate office-related topics
- Collaborate on special HR projects as needed
What We Look For In You:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of HR experience, preferably as an HR Generalist
- In-depth understanding of employee lifecycle and HR protocols
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage local recruiting
- Possess an analytical and research-oriented mindset
- Experience with Microsoft suite, Google suite, Greenhouse
- Fluent in English
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with payroll
- Knowledge of Maltese and European employment laws, regulations, and common practices
- Familiarity with compliance and best practices in EU jurisdictions other than Malta
- Relevant experience in a global high-tech company
- Strong passion for crypto
See more open positions at OKCoin
Something looks off?