Global Chief Compliance Officer
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Who We Are:
OK Group's cryptocurrency exchanges (Okcoin and OKX) are two of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
OK Group has a U.S. Office in San Jose, California, and other offices in the United States (Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City), Europe, Asia, and Australia.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at OK Group is part of the Legal and Compliance Division and is responsible for the compliance program at the company. We’re a team of problem solvers committed to moving the needle on compliance standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company. Our team consists of top compliance professionals who are based across our global offices. This team collaborates closely with legal, risk, finance, product, engineering, and business teams to meet compliance obligations in a sustainable manner while promoting responsible growth.
About the Opportunity:
The Chief Compliance Officer is an executive role and will be responsible for OK Group's global compliance program.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans as needed. You must also have passion for the work, strong prioritization skills, and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow the adoption of Okcoin/OKX products and features.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Manage the global compliance team
Lead, develop and implement the compliance program for Okcoin/OKX in US, Europe, Asia and other parts of the world
Communicate with regulators globally on behalf of the company
Strengthen and maintain the compliance framework through the development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures
Work with product, legal and other departments to ensure successful launches of new products
Apply for and maintain licenses that are important for business growth, and work closely with legal team to identify gaps in our regulatory license structure
What We Look For In You:
- 12+ years of relevant compliance and regulatory experience in finance, fintech, or crypto exchanges (experience in AML/BSA compliance is a must)
- Prior CCO experience in finance, fintech, or crypto exchanges (prior experience scaling a global compliance program preferred)
- Strong academic credentials
- Passionate about crypto (DeFi and CeFi)
- Ability to help transcribe global regulatory requirements into recommendations
- Ability to drive implementation of recommendations and support growth in a fast changing landscape and managing uncertainties
- Strong leadership abilities with team management skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow-up on projects
- Collaborative, humble, dedicated, deep integrity, and a "we before me" approach
- 20%-25% global travel required
- Willingness to be in our San Jose, CA office a minimum of 3 days per week
- Reference and background checks required
Nice to Haves:
- Specialized knowledge in blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry
- CAMS certification
- FINRA Series 7, Series 24
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- A graduate-level degree (MBA and/or Juris Doctor)
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OK Group Statement:
OK Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- The salary range for this position is $229,000 to $344,000.
- The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
See more open positions at OKCoin
Something looks off?