Senior Legal Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the largest and fastest-growing cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, and is part of the OK Group family of companies. We help millions of people buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and over 100 other crypto assets every day. But our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance? Come on board!
About the Team:
The U.S. Legal team provides legal advice and guidance to Okcoin and its affiliated entities across all coverage areas and geographic locations, and supports business growth by working with all teams within the company to help them achieve their goals. Okcoin is based in San Jose, California, and has customers worldwide with offices in the United States (San Jose, San Francisco and New York City), Europe, Asia, and Australia. Our team has attorneys around the world, and handles legal matters in literally hundreds of countries across the globe.
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Legal Analyst on the U.S. Legal Team, you will report to the Legal Operations Lead (located in Texas) and work closely with all members of the legal team and business leaders throughout the company. You will be working from either our San Francisco, San Jose or New York City office three days a week. You may work remotely two days a week.
The right candidate will have prior experience working with a variety of internal stakeholders and various business teams providing general legal support to a diverse and global organization. They should also have strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and decision-making skills, the ability and desire to work collaboratively with a high-functioning legal team, and ideally, an interest in the cryptocurrency and fintech industries.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, including NDAs, Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work and Amendments
- Maintain organization of contracts and various legal documents
- Design, develop, and implement legal processes, internal guidelines, and playbooks to drive efficiencies and help the team build for scale
- Assist with legal review of new and existing virtual currency tokens for listing in the United States
- Work closely with cross functional teams to complete due diligence questionnaires from business partners and vendors
- Review and respond to law enforcement requests, third party subpoenas, requests for information and documents, and customer complaints
- Provide day-to-day legal support for various corporate governance matters, including entity formation, maintenance and foreign qualification registrations, and other information and document requests
- Draft Board/Shareholder Resolutions and Intercompany Agreements
- Assist with special projects as needed, including litigation support and advice relating to Intellectual property, advertising and marketing, and copyright infringement.
What We Look For In You:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of law firm and/or in-house paralegal experience
- Experience in reviewing contracts and managing contract workflow
- Ability to assist in the development of various legal processes, policies and playbooks
- Self-starter, quick learner, hard working, highly driven and proactive
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and sound judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment
Nice to Haves:
- Previous in-house experience at a Fintech or financial service company’s legal department
- Professional/personal experience and enthusiasm for cryptocurrencies, Web3, and blockchain technologies
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters and a global legal team
- Fluent or conversational in Mandarin
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee / 80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution (per vesting schedule)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- The salary range for this position is $107,000 to $135,000.
- The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
See more open positions at OKCoin
Something looks off?