AML Operations Specialist
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help to detect fraudulent activity, suspicious/illegal behaviors and patterns, as well as assist in projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crime. As part of the AML Investigations team, you’ll be be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as alert reviews, investigations, preparing narrative information for SAR filings, conducting enhanced due diligence, and participating in ad-hoc projects as needed. You will utilize internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conduct daily reviews and triaging of alerts utilizing real-time blockchain analytics monitoring, manual reports or internal/external referrals.
- Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to management.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and monitor suspicious transactions to identify potential money laundering activities.
- Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Create, update and maintain files and records related to all supporting information used in mitigating the alerts.
- Work closely with other teams, such as Compliance, Legal, and Risk, to ensure that all AML-related activities are aligned with the company's overall compliance strategy.
- Assist with the validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates required.
What We Look For in You:
- 2+ years experience in conducting AML related alert reviews, account activity analysis and due-diligence in a financial services institution.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
- Should be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Knowledge with AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g. CAMS.
- Cryptocurrency experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- More surprises when you join!