At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Responsible for maintaining the books and records of all Perkins Coie investment entities by partnering with the Investment Accounting, Tax, and Finance team members. Responsible for facilitating the initiation of new investment opportunities, maintaining investment portfolios, and aiding in exit opportunities by working with current and former lawyers.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
Reports to the Investment Accounting Manager for all financial aspects related to internal investment entities including:
- Create and maintain detailed records of all investment portfolio transactions in investment software and manual recordkeeping systems.
- Record monthly interest, dividends, distributions, investments, sales, fund capital calls, and partner capital/distributions.
- Assist originating lawyers with submitting investment opportunities.
- Prepare, edit, track, coordinate, review, and serve as the contact for all investment opportunities.
- Research and obtain recommendations from originating lawyers regarding follow-up investment offers and client requests.
- Research investment funds, SEC policies, and any other investor representation issues.
- Calculate and issue capital calls and distributions to participants on a regular basis and coordinate with senior payroll accountants for payroll deductions.
- Maintain compliance with firm/affiliate/governmental guidelines.
- G/L (General ledger financial reporting), reconcile accounts to detail schedules, periodic allocation of income taxes and other expenses, ensure the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of investment entity financial information.
- Input and maintain accurate investors, investments, and investment transactions in the investment accounting system.
- Leverage investment accounting system for timely reporting of investment activity by investors and for ease in completing annual financial statements.
- Manage investment accounting system and user maintenance.
- Work closely with the tax department to provide the information needed to complete the investment entity tax returns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and as needed in the position, consistent with the firm’s attendance expectations.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated ability to personally work effectively with partners and other affiliates of the firm, including their CPAs.
- Working knowledge in flow-through entity accounting.
- Effective multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, planning, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups.
- Fluent in MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- High-level ability to perform financial analysis.
- Good knowledge of GAAP and standard databases.
- Detail oriented, while maintaining focus on the larger picture.
SPECIFIC SKILLS PREFERRED
- Fund administration software.
- Working knowledge in investment accounting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, CPA preferred.
- Preferred to have a minimum of 2 years of investment fund administration experience.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
San Francisco Bay Area compensation range: $83,610 to $124,230 annually
Colorado compensation range: $65,510 to $97,330 annually
Los Angeles compensation range: $76,290 to $113,350 annually
San Diego compensation range: $75,320 to $111,910 annually
New York compensation range: $76,010 to $112,940 annually
Washington State compensation range: $69,100 to $102,670 annually