At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service, and above all, have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Perkins Coie LLP's nationally recognized Trademark, Copyright, Internet, and advertising practice group is seeking a highly motivated Paralegal to join their offices. This position will assist attorneys in the clearance and prosecution of U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright matters, including searches, enforcement, and due diligence.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to draft and file electronic trademark and service mark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Ability to prepare and file copyright applications with the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Independently draft domestic and international Office Action responses, related prosecution documents, and correspondence to clients.
- Communicate with foreign associates regarding international trademark matters.
- Register and manage Internet Domain Names, both generic and country extensions.
- Experience with adverse matters, demand letters, and domain name arbitrations.
- Excellent accuracy in reviewing, monitoring, and maintaining docket deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring frequent reprioritization of workloads to meet attorney and client expectations.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with team members, staff, and employees at all management levels within the firm and our clients’ organizations.
- Exercise excellent judgment and initiative, and possess strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills to successfully drive projects to completion.
- Keep accurate time and billing records and comply with clients’ billing requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of Trademark paralegal experience is required.
- Paralegal experience working in a mid to large-sized law firm is highly preferred.
- A paralegal certificate is preferred.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
New York compensation range: $63,890 to $144,9900 annually
San Diego compensation range: $63,310 to $113,950 annually
Washington State compensation range: $58,080 to $104,540 annually