Technical Team Lead (Professional Services)
IT, Sales & Business Development
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2022
At R3 we’re planning to change the world. You will be working at the cutting edge of permissioned blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) as it transforms the future of business.
Our Corda DLT platform is built to run complex workflows between businesses, without needing centralized points of control. Designed for the needs of financial markets infrastructures, it’s trusted by banks, stock exchanges, insurance companies, payments companies, and others - highly demanding industries with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
R3’s Professional Services is comprised of innovative problem-solvers and strategic, fast-moving engineers who collaborate with customers to solve their challenges and build business solutions. As part of the post-sales organisation, Professional Services is responsible for driving successful customer outcomes through supporting the design, build and deployment of solutions. This team provides you with the opportunity to solve real-world business and technical challenges with large global corporates, banks and start-ups across many industries.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, you will be taking a strategic lead on client projects and will need excellent client-facing and communication skills. You will be a hands-on leader, line managing a handful of Professional Service consultants and leveraging your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda. The enterprise blockchain space is rapidly developing, opening numerous opportunities to define solutions for problems that no one has solved yet.
- Provide outstanding customer service and be the face of R3; communicate benefits of Corda, R3 and our collaborative model on client engagements and events.
- Assist client teams with expert knowledge of distributed business models and distributed technology.
- Capture functional and non-functional design requirements from customers and ensure these are traceably translated to design/ implementation/ deployment/ operation.
- Ensure quality of the deliverables of the project against requirements and promoted best practices.
- Contribute to the team’s tool kit of reusable deployment blueprints and document accordingly.
- Line manage a handful of Professional Service Consultants, providing technical guidance and mentoring.
- Help recruit and interview new team members.
- Synthesise customer feedback and promptly communicate learnings internally to Engineering, Product and Sales to enhance R3 product and service offerings alongside the evolving needs of our customers.
- Identify opportunities for the use of Corda in new applications and associated opportunities for Services.
- Strong commercial experience of a back-end object orientated programming language (Java or Kotlin would be preferential).
- Understanding of DLT/Blockchain technologies and benefits, commercial experience with distributed technologies would be ideal but not essential.
- Ability to drive technical requirements and extract these into customer solutions.
- Strong technical leadership skills, either still hands-on or recent experience.
- Previous line management experience would be preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Previous success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment managing multiple assignments.
- Ability to encourage clients when engagements are not set-up for success and collaborate on risk and issue management.
- Management of a delivery team and proven experience in formal project management processes, either prince or agile.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code and the understanding that development is not isolated to create an application. Need to understand pipelines and orchestration tools.
- Any Cloud experience using AWS and Azure beneficial.
- Be comfortable with some ambiguity and be willing to work beyond the strict wording of the job description to achieve the firm’s objectives.
See more open positions at r3
Something looks off?