Software Engineer 3 (Corda 4 Enhancements)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2022
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join the team working on the Corda 4 platform. Corda 4 is the current version of our distributed ledger technology (DLT) platform, in production at customer sites.
You will be working on the design and implementation of enhancements to the Corda 4 platform, these enhancements are driven by customer need. You will be involved in design discussions and will contribute to the design and implementation of the enhancements. You will also be resolving issues found in the platform.
- Discuss, design and implement enhancements to the Corda 4 platform using Kotlin.
- Investigate and resolve issues with elegant solutions that stand the test of time.
- Provide ad hoc support when required to our support team in the investigation of potential issues.
- Support other departments in r3 where engineering assistance is required.
- Maintains a positive, can do, cheerful attitude.
- Self sufficient software engineer with distributed system design skills.
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, obtained through academic study and professional experience.
- Strong experience in at least one backend language, with an eagerness to learn Kotlin. JVM knowledge, (garbage collection tuning, performance and memory profiling), and/or familiarity with the Java ecosystem is a bonus.
- Able to work equally well as part of a team or individually.
- Typically 6+ years of extensive commercial experience. Interacts with cross functional teams to take open requirements to a working production system.
- Has a delivery focused attitude.
- Motivated by solving obscure problems.
- Experience investigating issues with applications running in production.
- Experience debugging, reproducing or theorising edge cases that might be reported by Quality Assurance testers or customers.
- Writes code that is simple, elegant and fit for the long term.
- Able to articulate complex concepts.
- Thinks in the long term when engineering solutions.
- Blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technology experience not necessary but an eagerness to learn is.
- Message Broker, Message Queueing or similar experience beneficial
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.
See more open positions at r3
Something looks off?