DevOps Team Lead
Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
R3’s Professional Services is comprised of innovative problem-solvers and strategic, fast-moving engineers and consultants who collaborate with customers to solve their challenges and build business solutions. As part of the post-sales organisation, Professional Services is responsible for driving successful customer outcomes through supporting the design, build and deployment of solutions. This team provides you with the opportunity to solve real-world business and technical challenges with large global corporates, banks and start-ups across many industries – Financial Services, Real Estate, Energy, Digital Assets, Identity and Healthcare.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services and Support, you will be taking a strategic lead on client projects and will need excellent client-facing and communication skills. As a Professional Services Team lead, your mission is to help our customers solve complex ground-breaking problems using R3 products. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers implement and operate complex deployments reliably on premises and in the cloud using the latest product capabilities.
This role includes the management of a handful of Professional Services technical consultants, providing technical leadership and mentoring for your team members to support both professional development and customer engagements.
As we expand our containerisation story, you will ensure best practices are implemented at scale by providing reference implementations to the wider team. You will take responsibility for leading the development of reusable artefacts by documenting them accordingly and advocating for their use.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as customers are based in Europe.
- Work hands-on in diverse customer environments (Cloud and On-Premises), following customer-mandated processes.
- Understand customer requirements and provide guidance on which deployment strategy satisfies those best.
- Define best practices for all future Professional Services deployment activities. Be the technical expert in this field, constantly advocating for adherence to these practices.
- Create reference implementation of automated Cloud Infrastructure and software deployments that are meticulously engineered so your colleagues in the field can rely on them.
- Rapidly install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools for all environments under change control/configuration management.
- Deploy and operate internal/external testing environments, whilst supporting the execution of test and other activities.
- Proactively ensure that R3 customer delivery teams are maintaining the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, understanding scalability and disaster recovery.
- Provide recommendations on site reliability, specifically around monitoring and alerting.
- Manage and mentor a team of Professional Services technical DevOps consultants.
- Help recruit and interview new team members.
- Previous line management experience is essential.
- Strong Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud).
- Possesses Strong commercial experience with medium to large scale Kubernetes deployments.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Solid networking knowledge and understanding of security engineering.
- Experience with scripting languages as well as a polyglot attitude that welcomes the learning of new languages if necessary (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong technical leadership skills, either still hands-on or recent hands-on experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to encourage clients when engagements are not set-up for success and collaborate on risk and issue management.
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-code and understands development is not isolated to create an application but understands, build pipelines, containerisation technologies and orchestration tools.
- Desirable: Understanding of distributed systems and associated benefits.
See more open positions at r3
Something looks off?