Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
The Accountant will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills together with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
We are looking for a well-rounded, ACCA / CIMA part qualified accountant for the role of Accountant. Based in London, the position will work closely with the Group Financial Controller to deliver R3’s subsidiary monthly and annual reporting requirements, including responsibility for the preparation and delivery of several subsidiary US GAAP annual audit and statutory financial statements, and the delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual management results.
With US GAAP knowledge and experience, you will demonstrate technical accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and will work closely with people across the organisation.
- Responsible for transactional level postings across General Ledger accounts including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, deferred & accrued income and cash
- Contribute to the production of month end management accounts, including P&L and Balance Sheet with supporting analytical narrative for multiple entities and products
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet positions, supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Support external audit effort by preparing schedules, providing documentation and responding to queries as needed
- Adhere to Company’s internal control framework and propose controls as needed for new processes and to improve existing ones
- Preparation of financial statements for each responsible legal entity under US GAAP and local GAAP
- Cashflow preparation for legal entities
- Payroll and Commission calculation, review and posting
- Responsible for the Group intercompany process working with the Group Financial Controller
Business Reporting and Planning
- Support the Finance team in the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- In conjunction with the wider Finance team and Senior Management support the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan
- Support the annual subsidiary audit process, including dealing with external auditors, agreeing timetables, and ensuring timely delivery of audit information and finalization of the financial statements.
- Coordinate tax compliance for legal entities, ensuring all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time. Including incentive schemes such as R&D credits
- Serve as liaison between the Company, external tax advisors and tax authorities to respond to communications received
- Assist the Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Director with ad hoc projects and tasks, e.g. Transfer pricing analysis
- Delivering process improvements across the accounting team using IT systems
Education & Experience
- Degree educated with a minimum upper second-class degree or international equivalent
- Part Qualified/ Finalist / Recently Qualified ACCA / CIMA or equivalent ideally with relevant Technology (software & consulting) industry experience
- Ideally experience working with US GAAP and ASC 606, in a multi-currency environment
- Understanding of the requirements for a robust accounting control environment
- Good technical accounting skills including financial statement preparation
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral), across the organisation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, coordinating with various stakeholders
- System Knowledge Netsuite / Vena / Advanced Excel
- A passion for excellence
See more open positions at r3
Something looks off?