QA Automation Manager
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
At R3 we’re planning to change the world. You will be working at the cutting edge of permissioned blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) as it transforms the future of business.
Our Corda DLT platform is built to run complex workflows between businesses, without needing centralized points of control. Designed for the needs of financial markets infrastructures, it’s trusted by banks, stock exchanges, insurance companies, payments companies, and others - highly demanding industries with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
R3’s Professional Services is comprised of innovative problem-solvers and strategic, fast-moving engineers who collaborate with customers to solve their challenges and build business solutions. As part of the post-sales organisation, Professional Services is responsible for driving successful customer outcomes through supporting the design, build and deployment of solutions. This team provides you with the opportunity to solve real-world business and technical challenges with large global corporates, banks and start-ups across many industries.
As the lead QA Automation Manager in the professional Services R3 teams, your responsibility is to own, define and execute the QA automation strategy for all customer projects delivered with the leveraging R3 DLT do platform and associated technologies.
Professional Services is responsible for delivering projects involving the entire SDLC (software development lifecycle) for our clients. This role is to focus on the automation and test aspect of customer projects. In addition this role will include the line management of approximately 5 FTE’s.
- Define and project plan the QA strategy, test design / plan, test automation, and drive test execution for a key strategic service delivery transformation initiatives in conjunction with our clients.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and Business Acceptance testing activities for our clients and project manage these activities and ensuring our clients are informed of progress.
- Define, lead and embed the strategy for front-end, back-end (JVM) and API automation frameworks and ensure this strategy is then converted into project activities for the rest of the team to follow.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and suggest new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met within an agile development team.
- Develop the testing strategy and enablement of User Acceptance Testing, partnering effectively with the build team to ensure goal achievement.
- Ensure that all automated testing related activities are carried out as per the standards defined by the company within the client project you are linked to.
- Contribute towards the plan and management of all release activities.
- Contribute towards the co-ordination the go-Live activities of client projects including the execution of deployment plans and checklists.
- Communicate all QA key project plans, commitments, and changes within project status calls internal and external.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and mentoring to your team; meet with your team bi-weekly or weekly to ensure team members are set up for success to complete their roles effectively.
- Help team members create career development plans, specifying short-term and long-term objectives to meet career aspirations.
- Create an environment of trust by providing regular feedback, both positive and communicating areas of improvement, in a trusted and respectful environment.
- Help steer conversations around career planning and defining opportunities to upskill and create the relevant training plan.
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- 8+ years' experience in executing QA strategies.
- Previous SLDC experience.
- This role doesn’t have to be hands-on however you must previously have come from a hands-on background.
- Proven track record of managing complex customer facing projects in large scale enterprise customer facing projects.
- Managing, developing and coaching a team of QA Automation Engineers.
- Proven track record of delivering test automation for highly complex software systems (Framework design).
- Able to articulate tasks and plans and activities required for API and back-end testing.
- Experience planning for and executing end-to-end functional and non-functional tests.
- Understands strategy around CI / CD pipeline.