Director of Infrastructure
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
The Director of Infrastructure will play a critical role in helping to advance Ripple's development and production infrastructure, leading our Engineering & Operations Teams to facilitate our DevOps process, including shared services deployment, observability, automation, and overall infrastructure orchestration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own all aspects of Ripple’s cloud infrastructure and platform, including roadmap and architecture for the four core infrastructure teams; CloudOps SRE, Database Engineering, and Platform Engineering
- Set the Infrastructure Org's long-term technical direction and strategy and heavily contribute to the broader Engineering organization process and top-level company initiatives.
- Champion reliability, performance, and scale of Ripple’s core infrastructure services. (AWS, GCP) With a keen focus on metrics and data-driven decision-making.
- Support, grow, and mentor Engineering Managers and individual contributors in your org.
- Co-own OpEx planning and execution with the VP of infrastructure, heavily focused on building financial models in partnership with FP&A.
- Responsible for budgets within his/her/their department and resource planning to meet project objectives.
- Help further develop architectural patterns of extensive geo-distributed SaaS infrastructure and applications.
What we would like from you:
- 15 years of experience in a software engineering environment, 10+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling a global infrastructure team operating high-scale cloud infrastructure
- Solid technical background and large-scale practical experience with modering infrastructure platform container frameworks (Kubernetes), production database engine familiarity, and metrics tooling (Prometheus, Grafana, Log ingest)
- Proven track record of executing customer-facing infrastructure initiatives across multiple diverse product teams. Provide resource management to major initiatives by forecasting resource demands with functional areas, coordinating the staffing of infrastructure programs/projects with managers, and providing work direction and coaching
- Experience building and maintaining a 3-tier infrastructure support model, including development, site reliability, and front-line incident management functions in a chain of continuous improvement.
- The ability to synthesize all inputs from stakeholder engineering teams and develop a crisp long-term infrastructure roadmap, with the ability to adjust and realign at the speed of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, equivalent training, or work experience.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?