Senior Director, Engineering (Liquidity)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are looking for a Director in Engineering to lead our teams charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner.
You will mentor, lead and grow the team of Applied Scientists, Engineers, and Technical Program Managers building our liquidity and trading platforms that power Ripple’s payments and crypto liquidity products. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens, to building a globally distributed, highly performant trading platform—the team uses cutting-edge ML and engineering techniques to dramatically simplify access to liquidity.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable global-scale solutions. You will be a hands-on leader, diving deep to set the right goals, set technical direction and deliver results in an incremental manner without sacrificing a long-term vision. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide technical and scientific leadership for our forecasting, planning, routing, risk management, execution and experimentation systems that scalably and reliably deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers.
- Own and deliver your roadmap while driving technical and operational excellence across our engineering and machine learning systems
- Be a program owner, responsible for business outcomes and technological innovation
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team, both your direct reports and the broader org
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s inventions and processes, so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- Demonstrated ability in software development
- Experience building, growing, and leading hard-working engineering teams.
- Experience delivering complex, real-time internet-scale systems involving machine learning and AI; preferred if in finance or trading domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Grow with autonomy and responsibility.
- Track record of recruiting and mentoring world-class teams
For positions that will be based in NYC, the annual salary range for this position is $234,080 - $292,600. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?