Senior Staff Technical Program Manager
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We’re seeking a dedicated, passionate and delivery focussed Senior Staff Technical Program Manager to join Ripple’s fast-growing Finance team. This is an exciting and technical role, requiring the expertise to synthesize business and technical requirements and the foresight to ensure we are solving for Ripple’s current and future needs. You will work closely with our Finance, Product and Engineering teams to craft robust and scalable Finance systems, lead multi-initiative schedules/plans, remove roadblocks, and ensure high development velocity. The ideal candidate should have a track record of balancing strategic and tactical priorities and providing technical leadership to deliver for customers. If you are passionate about enabling the team to invent and deliver customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges, this will be the perfect opportunity.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the Finance teams priorities and strategies across the Product and Engineering teams by understanding our customers and technology deeply.
- Lead multiple large initiatives spanning multiple teams within Ripple, impacting multiple products.
- Own strategic programs that are large and sophisticated, which may span multiple cross-functional teams or departments.
- Implement and deliver on sophisticated Finance initiatives and solutions by proactively running multiple workstreams.
- Setup scalable processes that durably ensure alignment and accountability across all functions involved in the program.
- Reduce ambiguity and risk by proactively identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, advancing strategically, and making sound data-driven decisions that deliver for our customers subject to business and technical trade-offs.
- Establish relationships across teams and be able to anticipate, identify and handle dependencies, risks, and issues across multiple teams.
- Initiate and implement improvements to the product development and delivery process, including the creation and adoption of relevant metrics to effectively measure progress against goals.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of experience with program management and/or project execution, with a track record of delivery.
- Familiarity with driving projects through the full life cycle from kick-off to closure.
- Experience launching products into production and maintaining live applications.
- Ability to drive technical business requirements and scope, and ensure adherence to business requirements and architectural design.
- Ability to drive and navigate through ambiguity
- Meticulous approach coupled with outstanding interpersonal skills, effectively communicating with cross-functional and multi-level partners
- Enjoy working in a highly cross-functional, collaborative environment, establishing relationships, and achieving results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Proficiency with project management tools: JIRA, Smartsheet, Confluence.
- Solid understanding of project/program management, and experience applying Agile Scrum, Kanban methodologies. Familiarity with traditional project management methods and have the insight to adjust the methods accordingly to the team’s needs.
- Certifications in SAFe, Scrum Alliance strongly considered.
- Proficiency with project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Smartsheet, Confluence.
- Experience with ERPs, financial tools is a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?