Licensing Compliance Manager
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is expanding its team and seeks to hire an experienced Licensing Compliance Manager. This role will be focused on assisting the Licensing Compliance Project Director with multiple global licensing work streams as Ripple continues to launch various regulated products and services throughout the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prepare license application forms, apply for licenses, and communicate progress with various internal stakeholders
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Product, Legal, Compliance, Policy, and Engineering) to establish a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to licensing applications and related processes
- Assist with the development of internal policies, procedures, and frameworks to ensure compliance with requirements under new and existing licenses
- Manage regulatory reporting requirements by gathering data from multiple sources, harmonizing collected data, and submitting the compiled report in a timely manner
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of licenses, including license renewals as well as preparation of responses to requests for information
- Frequently engage with the supervisory teams of the various regulatory bodies that oversee Ripple’s activity. Participate in regulatory examinations and thematic inspections
- Carry out ad hoc projects necessary to advance Ripple’s global licensing efforts
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance within the FinTech or virtual asset industries
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating with representatives from cross-functional teams (e.g., Product, Legal, Compliance, Policy, and Engineering) in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Experience with interacting with financial regulators, managing regulatory examinations, and maintaining licenses (e.g. regulatory reporting); NMLS, FCA Connect, and CBI Online Reporting System experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the requirements and expectations of global regulatory bodies in the virtual asset and payments space; preferably in the United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, and Singapore
- High attention to detail working in a strict deadline-driven environment
- Advanced analytical and research skills, and desire to create documentation and internal reporting
- Strong process and project management skills with attention to detail, proactive and able to quickly adapt to changes
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?