Corporate Counsel, M&A
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is seeking to hire a talented and self-motivated corporate lawyer with at least five years of experience to join Ripple’s Legal Team. In this role, you will support the company’s corporate development, business development, and finance teams on strategic transactions and investments across the payments, financial technology, blockchain and cryptocurrency spaces. You will be an integral part of our growing and agile legal team. In addition to supporting the business’s transaction and strategic pipeline, you will provide legal expertise on a wide range of corporate governance and other general matters. This position will report to Ripple’s Senior Corporate Counsel.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the company’s corporate development, business development, and finance teams in a variety of strategic transactions and investments, from drafting and reviewing term sheets, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, and providing overall legal counsel.
- Create legal standards and processes for the company’s deal pipeline.
- Manage and budget for external advisors engaged on such projects.
- Assist with corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and strong academic credentials.
- 5+ years practicing as a corporate attorney at a big law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Strong experience through all stages of mergers and acquisitions and financings.
- Experience representing technology and/or start up companies on general corporate matters.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.