Director, Data and Analytics
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
The Director of Data and Analytics will be responsible for the organization's data strategy and will lead the effort to build a modern suite of analytical tools for both Ripple employees and external users. The success will be defined by the trust and agility in data-driven decision making you will drive across the engineering and data analytics organization. You will supervise teams of data scientists, analysts, and data engineers and work closely with the data infrastructure and engineering organizations to create a data platform and analytics solutions at scale. You will have deep experience building data systems and experimentation frameworks from the ground up, familiarity with analytical solutions, along with exceptional leadership and analytical capabilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Co-lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive data and analytics strategy aligned with Ripple's objectives and goals.
- Lead and manage a team of data analysts, engineers, and scientists.
- Co-develop and maintain data governance policies and procedures with key partners to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Play a critical role in defining the data architecture and a system design that will guarantee real-time data availability, consistency, and integrity.
- Work with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing, finance, Revenue Operations to understand their needs.
- Stay on top of the emerging trends to drive innovation and improvement.
- Foster a data-driven culture across the organization by promoting data literacy and the use of data-driven decision frameworks.
- Role model and cultivate operational excellence by monitoring and reporting on all key engineering metrics related to data and analytics.
- Achieve best-in-class customer experience at optimal infrastructure cost.
- Support, grow, and mentor Engineering Managers and individual contributors in your org.
- Be responsible for budgeting within the department and resource planning to meet project objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 15 years of experience in a Data and analytics environment, 10+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling a data infrastructure team operating high-scale cloud infrastructure
- Proven technical background and large-scale practical experience with Databricks, NoSQL, ETL, Tableau, reporting and self-serve analytical tools DevOps and test frameworks.
- Proven experience with various data modeling techniques.
- Solid understanding of data integration, quality, and governance.
- Experience building multi-petabyte data warehouses and understanding of the challenges building analytical solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Understanding of AI/ML technologies and experience building experimentation frameworks.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, AWS data solutions and offerings
- Excellent communication skills and ability to empower and inspire teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate sophisticated data topics into easy to understand insights for non-technical audiences.
- The capability to synthesize inputs from engineering teams and develop a streamlined long-term roadmap, that can adjust and realign at the speed of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, equivalent training, or work experience.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.