Senior Experience Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
he Salesforce Experience Design Team is a group of passionate Strategists, Change Architects and Designers who create transformational experiences by turning human insights into business impact, at scale, with Salesforce.
We partner alongside global leaders and top-level executives in Service, Sales, Marketing and IT, across all industry verticals, to solve their most interesting— and difficult—challenges, and move them from vision to execution. We use human-centric methods, in combination with Salesforce’s world-class technology, to propel our customers’ success.
Experience Strategists’ skills span business, innovation, design, & technology.
The Experience Strategist is responsible for answering the question, “What should we build?” and “Why it matters”. You’ll go from problem framing and collecting information to setting a vision and solution and ensuring this continues as our relationship continues with our customers. You’ll bring thought leadership, set standards for quality, and define metrics for success. You’ll manage executive stakeholders, build collective confidence around decisions, develop ideas, and collaborate across functions to realize opportunities for our most strategic customers.
Experience Strategists’ skills and experiences bridge multiple disciplines required for successful strategic, design, and delivery work. They can leverage a team’s capabilities, fill in gaps, and know when to call in an expert. They focus on gathering the right amount of inputs across a broad spectrum to drive an experience strategy that answers the questions around where and what the future vision should be — focusing more on ‘why’ and enabling and partnering with our UX design teams to focus on ‘how’.
Drive a collaborative Experience Strategy & Vision
Develop ideas to meet business, user, and technical constraints; prototype your way into the strategy and help to provide an experience roadmap that guides teams through short term and long term execution. Ability to have a broad understanding and authority across a spectrum of Design related areas (content, brand, research, business, storytelling, etc.) as well as thinking about both the customer and employee experiences across multiple industries.
Align Executive and Key Stakeholders to Drive Success
Identify contributors, align stakeholders and teams and work with executives at the most senior level on the experience challenges and priorities we are taking on. Collaborate with everyone needed to bring an idea to life; ensure the integrity of the vision through the build process, all to deliver on customer-centric solutions.
Connect Business Value & Industry Expertise to Customer Experiences
Experience Strategists combine customer empathy, creative instinct and business savviness to challenge the assumptions our customers have made about the best ways to build value from their ecosystems and business. Their focus on understanding a business’s landscape and tying experiential opportunities to business outcomes is imperative to be successful in this role. They bring a level of expertise to incorporate the critical success metrics from an industry lens folded into the experience.
Provide Customer Experience Frameworks & Roadmaps
Experience Strategist are able to provide insights and direction around "what's the right thing to build" to building it right" as it relates to the suite of our Salesforce Technology. They ensure that even the MVP has the spirit of the vision, and helps to provide the best clear path for our teams and customer to progress in the right direction — crystalizing which things are important and in what order.
- Value of Design. Help organizations understand the value of design and foster a culture of innovation, ideation and an experience-led approach
- Trusted Relationships. Create meaningful and trusted relationships with a range of senior executives to help position a path toward the best experiences for employees and customers
- Executive Alignment. Lead client-facing workshops, which includes guiding multi-disciplinary groups through exercises that define objectives and success criteria, inform project direction, and inspire design
- Executive Communication. Deliver presentations with senior executives; making substantiated recommendations to client's product, brand, experience, and business strategy. This includes building a compelling narrative of the work
- Business Value & Impact. Identify levers for business impact and effectively connect those to experience recommendations
- Case for Change. Apply strategic frames to express the position of an organization as well as a business case for change
- Strategic frameworks Use frameworks to link experience, technology and business so key stakeholders can effectively make informed decisions.
- Experience Levers & Storytelling. Apply a variety of lens to analyzing, synthesizing and executing an Experience Strategy. Those could be: Brand, Content, Business, Product, Design, Change, etc.
- Organizational Influence. Anticipate the key decisions and change levers needed to make progress, and create the organizational alignment and momentum towards a vision
- Strategy Visualization. Visualize and prototype ideas (strategies), deliverables, and experiences
- Research. Organize, conduct, analyze, and synthesize primary and secondary research on a global scale into actionable insights
- Technical and Platform Alignment. Ability to explain complex technical concepts, ideas and our Salesforce platform to a non technical audience in a simple, yet comprehensive way and relate those to an overall Experience Strategy.
- Lead ideation and design workshops with clients’ cross-functional teams (e.g., marketing, sales, customer service, digital, technology).
- Program Leadership. Ability to provide team leadership on a program and/or project for a broad range of design-centric competencies (Front-end-developers, designers, writers, strategist, etc)
- Innovation. Strong leadership around determining and guiding future state experiences that focus on both the customer and employee's.
Skills & Expertise
- 12+ years leading multi-disciplinary teams to bring successful user-centered products to market
- 10+ years Experience in business consulting in big 4 or equivalent
- Proven ability to create, execute, and sustain a rapid-scaling Experience Strategy amidst multiple competing priorities
- Use Design Thinking Methods to define, align and execute on Business Strategy
- Be the catalyst for change between technology, people, and business / brands
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of strategy, business model design, design thinking, and experimentation/agile processes
- Proven track record building strong relationships with Executives, and influencing priorities across different business stakeholders to optimize for coherent and compelling product offerings
- Proven track record of managing large, matrixed teams of direct reports and non-reporting contributors
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Positive, proactive, get-it-done attitude, in ambiguous environments; creating clarity out of chaos
- Comfortable as a leader / doer and being hands-on with product design and UX design activities such as defining persona, sketch design concepts and collaborate with project teams to implements designs
- Salesforce product knowledge across multiple clouds
- Strong expertise in at least one industry(s)
- CEO/VP+ Executive Orientation
- Ability to articulate business value and make budget recommendations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.