Senior Director, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Come lead the teams that deliver Spark, Trino, and Airflow as services for Salesforce. Your services will power customer-facing Salesforce products and internal workloads at massive global scale — an ever growing (or shrinking, depending on demand) fleet of many thousands of nodes runs millions of jobs and queries against trillions of data points every day.
Your impact will come from understanding
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many multi-functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolving it before it happens
- Drive Agile hygiene across your teams and create a culture of delivery and accountability
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risk
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Empowering the delivery team to self coordinate
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Provide leadership guidance and career development to first-level people leaders in your org
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members as direct or skip-level reports.
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning
- Participating in multi-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Maintaining and encouraging our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals
- Dive in with the development teams when it’s important, helping resolve incidents or review code for critical features or changes
- Experience leading large scale distributed systems, working with microservices and/or distributed architecture; experience as a leader-of-leaders and managing multiple teams strongly preferred.
- A related technical degree required
- 3+ years of proven track record leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically fast paced projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading engineers
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. Scrum Master experience required
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $213,900 to $326,300.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.