To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, web and marketing automation. We're driven by a deep understanding of marketers' needs because we're marketers too. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly ground breaking technology. Being the pioneers in cloud computing, we offer an even more superior experience to our customers and employees. By partnering pioneering technology with the best and brightest employees in the industry, we foster a culture of constant innovation and growth.
About the position
A Salesforce Marketing Cloud Technical Architect is a strategic position to our customers and within the Marketing Cloud Professional Services team. Serving as the technical domain expert within specific domains of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud applications, Heroku and internal tools, you must also be a skilled consultant in this space.
With a combination of technical knowledge around data, web & email development, scripting, API and/or integrations, you will be working in a project team on client-facing engagements. Typically, on larger projects, you will be working alongside a Solution Architect (SA) to assist and validate specific technical areas and overall solutions, and a Marketing Consultant (MC) to frame up customer experience & lifecycle strategy. On smaller engagements, it is possible that you will need to deliver on your own (with a Project Manager) taking on a more hybrid role. Therefore, it is important that you are comfortable in taking on the role as a consultative technical lead, which require good consultancy skills and good understanding in digital marketing.
You will be consulted on technical solution options with its associated pros and cons under specific client circumstances, while being hands-on in building and testing end to end solutions on the overall digital marketing technology stack. You will guide on technical standard methodologies and facilitate testing and deployment processes with client tepartnerseholders during implementation.
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, review, and architecture sessions
- Document technical processes and run analysis between current and future states
- Own delivery tasks from initial scoping, planning and requirements analysis, through to design, development, testing and deployment
- Collaborate with other architects and team members to detail, design, document, understand and/or deliver specifically technical specifications and solutions
- Clearly articulate and provide technical domain expertise to customers and project teams
- Understand out-of-the-box Marketing Cloud functionality, and have the ability to use and tailor these based on customer requirements
- Run workshops, develop and present options based on technology and feasibility trade-offs, and the choices that may be required in order to meet a customer’s objectives
- Proactively identify and analyse issues / obstacles to determine and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Deliver technical design solutions, customising where required, using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other complementing Salesforce product offerings (eg. Sales, Service, Heroku, etc)
- Help us refine and improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal processes and methodologies based on recurring customer feedback and evolving industry standards
- Stay ahead of the curve with MarTech innovations, educate yourself and enable others on current and emerging technologies
- Work collaborative and dynamically across multiple (1-3) engagements at a time
- Scope, define and manage work packages and tasks.
- Support documentation on initial solution design and evolve it to a final as-build technical specification.
- Travel to client sites for onsite workshops and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25%.
- A positive “Can Do” and Customer Success-centric attitude
- Customer facing technical consulting experience
- Experience in implementing digital marketing technology solutions with other related systems (eg. CRM, Content Management, POS/Commerce, Web Analytics, etc)
- Data analysis and database design experience with RDBMS such as MS SQL Server (preferable), MySQL, Postgres or Oracle
- Experience working with APIs – SOAP and REST based APIs
- Experience with both client and server side web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols
- Experience working with architecture & process flow visualization applications such as MS Visio, Lucid Chart or diagramming tools within Google Slides and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documentation and the ability to conceptualise and communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to scope, define and manage work packages. Support pre-sale qualification with solutions validation.
- 3+ years hands-on software development and technical consulting experiences
Desirable Experience / Skills
- Previous Marketing Cloud technical consulting and implementation experience
- Relevant Salesforce Certifications - Certified Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Certified Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant and Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Experience with at least 2 programming languages such as .NET (C# or VB), JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C++, Visual Basic, Python
- Experience working with 1 or more modern integrated development environments (i.e. MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse or others)
- Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, data encryption preferred
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodology, ceremonies and tools
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.