SDET - Quality Engineering SMTS / LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
As a member on the Salesforce Q3 Team, you will use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead customer engagements that result in automated tests and guidance to product teams. We are looking for a critical thinker with a natural curiosity to learn our customers’ business, use skills to extract user scenarios from conversations and data and then translate your findings into automatable test plans which either you or a member of the team will automate. A successful team member should have a strong quality approach and will ensure our customers receive high quality work. You will constantly find opportunities to share information and collaborate with other teams for the benefit of our customers, partners, and each other!
Build a confirmed automation tech foundation that will guide engineering teams to build, execute, and be responsible for different types of tests across the testing pyramid (#shiftleft). Design and deliver automations and automation frameworks for products with a quality approach and provide mentorship through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team.
- Master the Salesforce development process and codebase in order to improve it
- Participate in a Test Design Review Board for integration test plans within and across clouds with focus on business scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility
- Master project’s requirements (e.g. underlying tech stack, business usage, implementation)
- Build end-to-end, cross-cloud-impacting integration automation (API and UI) with variegated organizations
- Connect with customer liaisons to understand real-world usage and build relevant test cases
- Execute testing with sophisticated org setups and multifaceted data shapes
- Prioritize and drive cross-product testing
- Advocate for customer-centric quality improvements
- Observe product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Work closely with senior developers, architects, product managers, and user experience designers to ensure features are delivered that meet business and quality requirements
- Tackle production issues and participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address intricate problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Provide leadership and mentorship to others on your scrum teams and beyond
- 4+ to 10+ years experience in software engineering, quality engineering, usability, or business analysis
- Highly proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Able to learn quickly and solve problems
- Can communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ready to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven, and Eclipse IDE
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.