Digital Forensics eDiscovery Analyst
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryGlobal Affairs
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce – the leader in enterprise cloud computing and one of the top 10 places to work according to Fortune magazine – is seeking an eDiscovery Analyst with a passion for eDiscovery and digital forensics. The Salesforce Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) Operations team includes digital transformation, knowledge management, outside counsel management, shared services, enablement, data intelligence and eDiscovery. The eDiscovery practice supports all legal practices, including but not limited to, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Ethics & Integrity, Privacy, Audit, Government Affairs and Corporate Governance. The eDiscovery team at Salesforce provides data preservation, data collection, processing, analysis and production services.
The eDiscovery Analyst will report to the Manager of eDiscovery and primarily will be responsible for data preservation, forensic collections, legal hold asset tracking and inventory, and data analysis. The eDiscovery Analyst will serve as an end-to-end project manager on matters related to the eDiscovery lab.
- Track assets on legal hold, including chain of custody, associated processes, procedures, inventory systems and relationships with IT and other functions.
- Perform forensic collections and analysis of company assets consisting of MacOS, Windows, and Linux/Unix systems, including iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Apply the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) to identify, preserve, collect, process and produce digital data for use in legal matters.
- Ensure requests from legal teams are being acknowledged in a timely manner and manage projects to completion, including regular check-ins with partners.
- Assist legal teams with implementing legal holds and preservation requests.
- Perform early case assessment and data processing in eDiscovery platforms, (e.g., Google Vault, Nuix, Relativity One).
- Actively participates in ongoing development and implementation of standard processes for eDiscovery and Information Security procedures.
- Assist in remediation of technical errors related to eDiscovery tools and servers.
- Maintain and continue to keep up with current industry trends and standard methodologies via educational workshops, publications and professional organizations.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 plus years of forensic eDiscovery experience and/or substantial experience in related field in law firm, eDiscovery provider or corporate law department.
- Industry-recognized or tool-specific certification(s) (GCFE, GCFA, CCO, CCPA, CCME, CBE, EnCase, etc)
- Working knowledge of physical file storage, file and system metadata, network and cloud architecture, relational databases (SQL), file transfer protocol (FTP), and other related technological subject matter.
- Working knowledge of forensic software (e.g., Cellebrite, Macquisition, FTK, Encase).
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- Working knowledge of eDiscovery software (e.g., Relativity One, Nuix).
- Familiarity with Google Vault and Slack.
- Familiarity with system administration of MacOS, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server operating systems.
- Familiarity with Salesforce platform.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection, information governance and eDiscovery standard methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various multi-functional teams within and outside of the legal department, such as IT, Security, Workplace Services, 3rd party vendors and eDiscovery service providers.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability to initiate, manage, and report tasks independently, as identified.
- Ability to track metrics and report up to management.
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous work in a corporate legal department or eDiscovery vendors is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.