Strategy and Planning Lead
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Planning for Customer Success, the Strategy & Analytics Lead will drive strategy and alignment with leaders around our Success go-to-market approach and be responsible for the execution of the plan. This individual will gain knowledge and experience on how an enterprise software company segments customers, optimize headcount capacity, and goes to market, as well as become an expert on the Salesforce platform. The role impacts thousands of Customer Success employees globally and is critical in supporting the annual planning cycle. This is an opportunity to have direct interaction with leadership, influence decisions, and deploy resources, which ultimately drives growth and scale in our multi-billion dollar business. Success in the position requires a combination of critical and thinking, creative problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, strong intuition for business, and analytical skills. Do you want to join a world-class team with outstanding peers, and a management team that will mentor you and give you opportunities to help grow your skills and your career? If yes, come join us!
- Leverage analytical thinking to coordinate with cross-functional teams and craft recommendations on go-to-market plan
- Actively work across multiple business functions (Strategy & Ops teams, Field Leadership, Business Intelligence, Compensation) to drive toward go-to-market strategy decisions and see out the corresponding execution
- Build positive relationships across the business and become a trusted resource for annual planning questions across Success, Renewals, and Success Plan Sales
- Help deploy our alignment of resources to customers as part of our annual planning (Go For Growth) in Customer Success, with a focus on Renewals and Success Plan Sales
- Support with ad-hoc strategic projects outside of the annual planning cycle, developing recommendations and presentations for executive leadership in Customer Success
- Contribute to workforce and program spend planning across existing and emerging businesses to drive alignment across hiring plans and corporate growth strategy
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of management consulting experience, sales strategy, sales operations, corporate finance planning and analysis (FP&A), or related experience
- Create innovative solutions to business problems, making trade-offs between partner groups, and persuading collaborators of a chosen approach
- Understanding of Software as a Services (SaaS) business model
- Ability to work independently and drive the details of a complex project plan spanning multiple teams
- Strong analytics skills in Google Sheets (or similar) to analyze data to develop insights and make data-driven recommendations
- Strong Google Slides (or similar) skills; ability to use slides to make a persuasive presentation
- Apply creative thinking to complex problems to develop fresh solutions to drive the business forward
- Excellent communication, presentation, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Experience using analytics or statistical software (Tableau, or similar), light coding (e.g. SQL), and familiarity with databases (Snowflake, or similar) considered an asset
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.