MuleSoft Client Solution Engineer (All Levels)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is looking for several Pre-Sales Solution Engineers to join our dedicated MuleSoft Pre-Sales Solution Engineering team, who are instrumental to MuleSoft’s growth. As a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer, you will provide technical sales partnership to our sales teams and align our solutions to our customers' vision. The MuleSoft Sales team will rely on your technical and product expertise throughout the sales cycle. You will be an integral part of the success for both our customers and Account Executives by performing technical discovery qualification, delivering product demonstrations and Proof of Concepts, delivering technical workshops, and making architectural recommendations. As a hardworking technologist and customer advocate, you will connect the dots between the technical solution to the business outcomes for the customer.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Are “Salesforce Smart” and value knowledge, Innovation, Integration, can manage ambiguity and adapt to change
- Possess a “Get it Done” mentality with a drive for results while aligning values and vision with the direction of the team
- Have a desire to “Win As A Team”
- “Motivate and Champion” through development, ownership, gratitude, authenticity, emotional intelligence, inspiration and having a growth mindset
- Are a “Courageous Communicator”, who is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback, and having difficult conversations
- Have strong “Values” of open communications, customer success, innovation, and a respect for the diversity of people
These are qualifications you'll need to be successful:
- Excellent presentation and composure abilities in front of all levels of technical and non-technical audiences
- A skillset to establish trust with clients, and the ability to influence key decision makers
- Hands-on Java development experience and ability to code and debug against Java APIs is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc. is preferred
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs independently
- Ability to lead architectural discussions
- A passion for technology and an ability to translate that passion to impact business for our customers
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
What will you get to do in this role?
- Build trusted relationships with internal and external partners to qualify deals, identify business value, and provide technical guidance in order to set expectations to ensure customer success
- Conduct technical discovery meetings to document, analyze, clarify business and technical requirements to support detailed solution proposal
- Deliver architecture reframe and develop white-boarding skills through shadowing and customer-scenario role playing
- Respond to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to deliver standard, customized and/or strategic solution demonstrations, white boarding, presentations, architecture workshops, and best practices that showcase the functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of MuleSoft’s solutions, from demo and proof of concept to design and implementation
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Product Marketing to continuously improve MuleSoft’s products and marketing
- Stay ahead of and Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving technology and landscape while maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position MuleSoft’s values in relation to them
- Provide ongoing, post-sales, technical guidance to the client's technical team to drive adoption/utilization of MuleSoft’s solutions and digital transformation success
At MuleSoft, a Salesforce company, our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company is our number one priority. We are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work diligently to build this culture, and are proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and the best place to work 6 years in a row.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $72,310 to $218,610.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $65,730 to $198,730.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $65,730 to $218,610.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $72,310 to $218,610.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.