Senior Manager, Product Marketing
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud and is a part of Salesforce. With headquarters in San Francisco, we are a diverse group of people with team members located in over a dozen countries around the world. Our inclusive, remote-friendly culture builds a work environment that is collaborative, flexible, and fun. Together, we’re focused on technical and operational excellence and helping our customers be successful on Heroku. Heroku is a joy to use — a platform that enables the focus and flow developers require to build excellent apps. We pay attention to every detail, applying thoughtful design to the app lifecycle and every new feature.
We are looking for a high-reaching self-starter, an all-star athlete, and an individual contributor to join the Heroku Marketing team to lead Product Marketing for one or more Heroku products and drive successful market adoption. This role has dual responsibilities with equal emphasis on Product Marketing and Content Marketing for Heroku.
As an experienced product marketer with a track record for crafting extraordinary messaging, engaging customer stories, and innovative go-to-market strategies, help us redefine how technology is transforming businesses around the world. We develop product messaging and positioning, go to market programs, campaigns, events, and sales enablement. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies and gain the focus of senior executives and key buyers.
As a Content Marketer, your responsibilities include owning the content strategy for Heroku that includes blog posts, articles, and marketing collateral, optimizing content for SEO, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. The candidate should possess excellent writing and editing skills, a strong understanding of digital marketing, and the ability to drive brand awareness through impactful content. If you're a strategic problem solver with an interest in producing compelling content, we invite you to be part of our innovative team.
Intrigued? Check out the details.
- You will partner closely with Product Management, Sales, Growth and Developer Relations teams to define core product messaging and develop a comprehensive go to market strategy.
- Complete product launch plans, working closely with sales leadership, product management and marketing teams to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Build engaging content off of core product messaging, including videos, case studies, webinars, campaign deliverables, and new formats that reach target customers in a memorable and impactful way.
- Develop and complete a comprehensive content strategy aligned with business objectives and target audience.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, and product teams to ensure the content has consistent messaging, alignment with overall marketing initiatives and cultivate them through the sales funnel.
- Ensure content adheres to brand guidelines, maintaining a consistent and cohesive brand voice across all platforms.
- Monitor and analyze content performance using analytics tools, adjusting strategies based on data insights to optimize reach and engagement.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience will be evaluated based on alignment to the Values & Behaviors for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer work, etc.).
- Passion for cloud computing including Platform as a Service and Software as a Service
- At least 5 years experience in enterprise software and/or data and integration services, preferably with some experience directly in public cloud-hosted services.
- Ability to engage with and earn the respect of both deeply technical and business leaders.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop customer-facing presentations.
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO principles and experience optimizing content for search engines to drive organic traffic
- A creative and innovative mindset with the ability to generate fresh ideas and approaches to content creation.
- Experience with content management systems and social media platforms is desirable.
- Prior experience in Product Marketing, Content Marketing or Sales Engineering a plus.
- Experience working in developer first or cloud native companies
- MBA or master’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field optional.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $201,500.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,300 to $183,000.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $219,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.