To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Engagement Manager plays a critical role in setting customers up for Success by shaping the Professional Services deals and engagements for our customers. They are comfortable operating in an amorphous pre-sales environment, shaping the proposals and influencing customer key stakeholders’ decision-making.
Candidates must have personally demonstrated consultative pre-sales, prescriptive solutioning, project delivery credibility, and hands-on experience working directly with shaping the deals, SOWs, RFPs for customers in CRM and Salesforce implementation proposals.
We are looking for talented individuals to join a growing team that can demonstrate both:
Passion for ...
Proactively leading customer and internal conversations with a point of view, drawing from previous experiences to create a clear path forward.
- Provide the Professional Services team & customers with Subject Matter Expertise related to the proposed solution and client needs in order to ensure successful transformation.
- Deep understanding of factors that drive customer success for Salesforce (or similar) implementations within an enterprise context and how they directly contribute to long term customer retention
- Lead conversations with empathy and be comfortable dwelling in the problem domain before solutioning
- Quickly build credibility in fast-moving environments with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proactively work with the services and licence sales opportunities to identify new and tangential opportunities
And ... attention to detail ...
Partnering effectively to create a detailed execution plan, SOW & commercial proposition to best meet the needs of our customers.
- Aligning closely with Account (Licenses Sales) and Services Sales teams to own pre-sales activities such as scoping, solutioning, SOW development and project staffing.
- Leading the development of client-specific implementation proposals, SOWs, staffing plans, engaging with SMEs across the organization to gain consensus on an acceptable proposal.
- Where appropriate and required for Customer Success, providing direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the engagement.
- Retain and nurture relationships post-engagement to ensure ongoing opportunities are realized and acted upon appropriately
- Manage project- and account-level escalations as needed
- Anticipate needs and position training, support, and other solutions that may be needed for a successful customer experience
- Ensure that engagements conclude with fully satisfied clients that are willing to be referenced for new potential clients
- Manage multiple strategic clients simultaneously
- Navigating and engaging within our partner ecosystems, where partners may simultaneously work with you and compete with you around a common set of accounts.
- The ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks to customer success, be it through the addition of new products and services, strategy & planning, or escalation
- Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations and at-risk accounts; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external leaders and executives.
Required Experience & Education
- 10+ years experience delivering or leading consulting engagements, including team leadership and active involvement in selling professional services
- 5+ years experience writing SOWs, negotiating T&Cs, managing bookings and utilization
- 5+ years managing C-level client relationships, including escalation resolution
- 5+ years of enterprise-level project management experience
- 5+ years operating in a pre-sales environment, shaping and scoping large and complex implementation projects
- Experience in the Financial Services, Public Sector or Media & Communications industry is an advantage
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in working in a client advisory role
- Able to command a group audience, lead with a point of view, facilitate solutioning and lead discussions such as implementation methodology, project roadmaps, social enterprise strategy, mobile strategy and executive-level requirement gathering sessions
- Highly developed soft skills, with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience and difficult client situations.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams through influence while also functioning as an individual contributor / team member.
- History of working in a consultative selling environment, where clients seek and value your opinions and see your advice as objective and unbiased
- Enterprise transformation experience, including a track record of selling or delivering targeted engagements that will underpin Salesforce's "customer company" strategy
- Salesforce or CRM experience preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.