Sr/Lead/Principal DevOps Engineer, GovCloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join a team of highly motivated software, systems and security engineers, working on infrastructure at scale. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with software, delivers high velocity and high quality infrastructure in public cloud environments.
In this role:
- You are strong in solving Infrastructure related problems with code (with a focus on reusability) and you've mastered building compute capacity, worked on Kubernetes deployments at scale. You will be responsible for leading key projects in design, development, and post-release support of the Salesforce platform and tools that are used by a variety of internal teams to support our government customers.
- Collaborating with internal teams for efficient iterations of automated CI/CD pipelines with the goal of maintaining service owner feature velocity, solving and reproducing issues reported in Production environments.
- You’ll demonstrate a sense of autonomy and vitality for ownership of your areas and proactively take accountability for progress forward.
- You will get a chance to understand how things work with a large-scale production infrastructure within 3rd party cloud service providers.
- You will transform human heavy processes into automated governance solutions.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- You will get a chance to improve your influence and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure teams across Salesforce.
- You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of developers, open-source committers and architects.
- Researching and finding the right tools for the job, and if they don't exist creating them.
- A related 4-year technical degree required
- 3+ years deploying distributed apps with containers (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKE)
- 3+ years development experience in config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- 4+ years demonstrated ability working within and building on AWS
- 4+ years Linux system engineering experience
- 2+ years developing or infrastructure and application security for Highly Sensitive Customer Data & Environments (IAM, CI/CD, PKI)
- 3+ years experience deploying with a CI orchestration service (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- 2+ years working experience scripting/programming language (Shell, Python, Golang, Ruby)
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols and components as implemented in IAAS (i.e. VPC, TGW, route tables, security groups, etc.)
- Experience with Log Management and Analytics tools such as Splunk / ELK
- A continuous learner and a critical thinker.
- A teammate with great communication skills both verbal and written.
Nice to Haves:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Technical Field
- Experience developing security & compliance into pipelines (OPA, Checkov, Twistlock, Prisma, Casbin)
- Experience in any of the monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite, Datadog, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Zabbix etc.,
- Experience in leading large scale web applications in production
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.