Data Analyst - Customer and GTM Data Projects
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Trusted business data is the foundation for Salesforce to know our customers, meet our business goals, and innovate with intelligence and AI capabilities. This role will support our Customer & Go-to-Market Data Projects team on a multi-year journey to transform our business user experience in our core Salesforce instance. The Data Analyst will understand the business processes and underlying data that impact our user experience, operational efficiency, and ability to fuel insights and AI. The Business Data Analyst will participate in cross-functional requirements workshops, support solution ideation sessions, and provide data analyses to frame recommendations to improve our data quality for the Account and Contact workstream, and participate in user acceptance and data validation testing.
This role must understand the impact and value of data and metadata quality across the business. This individual must excel in data analysis and problem-solving, and have the ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate their findings. They must act independently and be able to own the analysis, recommendations, and impacts of assigned projects. This person must also be able to be successful in an unstructured, geographically distributed, team-oriented environment.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex data sets, have exceptional analytical skills, and excel in solving abstract problems. The candidate must be comfortable spending hours analyzing data sets in order to recognize trends and must enjoy finding patterns in data. The right candidate should be able to think of out-of-the-box approaches to solving business problems as no two problems are the same. The individual must demonstrate an ability to be a self-starter and be prepared to roll their sleeves up to get the job done! Our team moves fast, so the ideal candidate will know how to ask the right questions to get help and remove roadblocks.
- Perform data analysis using SQL, Excel, Salesforce Reports, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, Business Objects
- Investigate data problems and perform deep-dive analyses to help guide recommendations. This includes the ability to work with inputs from several cross-functional teams to be able to summarize trends and the root cause of any current state issues.
- Provide best practices and support to business leaders with respect to data quality improvements and automation
- Understand business processes, the flow of data within and between processes, and recommend process improvements for better data quality and effectiveness
- Create documentation for multi-stakeholder alignment. Creatively manage and clear ambiguity.
- Summarize complex analysis in simple story-telling slides which makes it easier for stakeholders to understand the approach.
- Create UAT test plans; participate in testing; report on and propose solutions for pass/fail test cases
- Participate in Data Validation testing for data migrations from one system to another
- Design solutions with an automation mindset
Required skills & experience:
- 2+ years of data analyst experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or similar tool
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Sales Cloud object model
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Business / Mathematics or similar field
- The ability to analyze, model, and interpret data
- Ability to multi-task while managing deadlines, ability to perform well under pressure, and ability to work independently
- Ability to work across multiple teams and build relationships to understand business operational process complexities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to proactively QA your own work to ensure quality standards and requirements are met
- Ability to identify & communicate road blocks proactively
- Attention to Detail: hashtag (#) your favorite Excel formula somewhere on your resume.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce object model & SOQL experience preferred
- Experience querying in an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Project Management experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.