Site Reliability Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
As a Site Reliability Operations Engineer (SRO) you will be part of the larger Cloud Site Reliability organization responsible for ensuring Tableau Online customers receive the availability and performance expected from a premier online service. You will use your expertise in supporting large-scale production environments by both partnering with the Incident Management Engineering team addressing active incidents and with the Site Reliability Engineering team driving long-term availability and performance improvements.
What you’ll be doing…
- Learn Tableau’s production tech stack to improve availability, resiliency and performance via adopting standard processes on-behalf of feature teams.
- Partner with Incident Commanders to drive timely mitigation of customer incidents.
- Participate in Virtual teams, when needed, to complete projects and results on behalf of feature teams in availability, observability and performance domains.
- Apply solid automation strategies to reduce operational toil
- Use your expertise in common tech such as:
- Containerized workloads (Kubernetes, deployment pipelines, immutable infrastructure)
- Observability (Splunk, Grafana, distributed Tracing)
- Public Cloud (AWS)
- Infrastructure-as-Code/Configuration (Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker)
- Coding (Python)
- Always evolving and learning/developing new tools.
- Provide technical leadership at a component or service scope.
- Lead projects by making proven technical decisions, coaching team members and working with product managers to ship on-time and with high quality.
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
Who you are...
- Four (4) or more years industry (non-intern) experience supporting globally distributed production environments in a SaaS, e-Commerce or similar environment and have a passion for solving sophisticated problems in large-scale distributed systems.
- Using automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- SRE Toolsets such as Terraform, Spinnaker, Ansible supporting containerized and instance based workloads
- You have solid development skills with Python and development tools (IDE, command line, GIT) as well.
- You are experienced in developing scalable services using open source or contributions toward open source projects are a plus.
- You are experienced in leading projects across development teams, particularly using Agile methodologies.
- A True Teammate: You enjoy collaborating, learning from or inspiring others so we can all become better developers.
- Customer Advocate: You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- Passionate: You are passionate about technology and the work you do, you always want to do your best to delight the customers, help your team and strive for excellence.
- Problem Solver: You love solving the most difficult of challenges and know how to solve in order to get to the best solution.
- A related technical degree.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $122,600 to $201,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,800 to $220,000.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.