Senior Manager, Data Science - Customer Success
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
At Salesforce, our Data Science team, part of the Data and Analytics (DnA) organization, is dedicated to structuring customer data and developing data science products that drive customer success and sales. We collaborate across various departments, including executives, success managers, sales, renewal managers, and product managers. Our mission is to uncover growth opportunities, analyze data, and provide actionable insights to guide our business decisions.
As a Senior Manager of Customer Data Science at Salesforce, you will play a pivotal role in leveraging data and analytics to develop products that enhance customer retention, optimize their product experiences, identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities, and proactively mitigate churn risks through predictive and prescriptive insights, all with the goal of driving impactful business outcomes and increasing revenue. You will lead a team of data scientists and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver impactful insights and solutions.
- Team Leadership: Provide visionary leadership and mentorship to a team of customer-focused data scientists, fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and collaboration, all aimed at driving tangible business outcomes.
- Technical Leadership: Lead strategic Data Science projects focused on critical areas such as adoption, attrition and growth prediction, harnessing Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI to deliver impactful results.
- Data Science Execution: Direct the design, development, and end-to-end implementation of advanced data analysis and predictive modeling techniques to extract insights and support data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior leaders within the Data and Analytics (DnA) organization to understand business and technical requirements, and translate them into actionable, high-integrity data science outcomes that drive business impact.
- Innovation: Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies in data science and contribute to Salesforce's data science best practices and innovation.
- Data-Driven Strategies: Drive data-driven decision-making across Customer Success, shaping and executing short-term and long-term data science and analytics initiatives.
- Effective Communication: Ensure effective communication of data science insights and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, facilitating a clear understanding of how data-driven decisions impact the business.
- Educational Background: An advanced degree, such as a Master's or Ph.D., in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Practical project experience in advanced data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning concepts.
- Experience: 7+ years of hands-on experience in building machine learning applications, with at least 2 in a formal or informal technical leadership capacity.
- Programming Skills: Experience with writing production ready code in Python and automation. Solid understanding of data transformations and analytics functions using tools/languages like Pandas, Sklearn, SQL and Spark. Experience tools like mlFlow, Airflow, Cron, Docker and Cloud Platforms such as AWS/GCP is a plus
- Database Proficiency: Working knowledge of one or more SQL languages such as Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, etc.
- Technical Expertise: Strong proficiency in core Data Science, Machine Learning and Statistical modeling. Deep experience with predictive modeling techniques required. Working knowledge of NLP, Recommendation systems and LLM’s is a plus.
- Salesforce Experience: Knowledge of Salesforce content, products and licenses.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Big Data: Experience with large datasets and distributed computing platforms like Hive/Hadoop is a plus.
- Business Intelligence: Ability to tell compelling data stories with audience-appropriate visualizations is a must. Familiarity with one or more Business Intelligence and visualization tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, ChartIO, JMP, etc., is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.