Technical Account Manager - Salesforce Core
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Join our EMEA team of Technical Account Managers who love to solve customer challenges together. Building strong trust-based relationships, working hand in hand with Salesforce’s biggest customers in an energetic and lively environment. The team is growing fast, and we are looking for passionate professionals to join the Salesforce family. We collaborate closely with teams of authorities on innovative and ground breaking technology, in an ever-evolving environment, to support large-scale, enterprise-level accounts. This role is to be focussed on Salesforce Core.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) in our Salesforce TAM Team, the successful candidate will have the responsibility for partnering with a small number of assigned accounts to improve their overall technical and operational health. You will help the customer navigate through proactive and reactive support services to drive technical customer success and ultimately value. You should have a track record in translating sophisticated technical issues and driving service maturity through positive partnerships.
Being the trusted advisor for our most strategic customers is key, building an extensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform. The TAM will forge relationships with the key customer touchpoints and account teams, develop a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical best methods, and adoption of proactive services.
In major incidents the TAM acts as a point of contact, managing the customer's expectations and communications to all levels.
The Salesforce magic is our culture of Trust, Customer Success, Equality and Inclusion, where we win as a “We” not a “Me”. At the core of every successful TAM is the highly developed ability to build strong trusted and positive relationships, gaining enjoyment through sophisticated challenges to help customers do more while exhibiting a growth mindset. Trusted relationships form the cornerstone of every engagement with the ability to collaborate and clearly communicate and to learn new technologies quickly.
The TAM may be required for occasional travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on your clients need.
The TAMs main role will be to orchestrate the entire Signature Success Support Experience for the aligned customers and their wider teams, including their partners. Become part of those customers Salesforce team and partner with them to provide recommendations, insights, and guidance tailored to their deployment:
- Develop a trusted relationship with key technical and business customers armed with efficient standard practices for enterprise architecture and become an authority on a customer’s implementation by understanding top business goals and priorities
- Understand customer trends, analyse patterns and identify action plans with a focus on critical issues prevention and risk mitigation
- Coordinate and orchestrate the Proactive Services Program using our 24x7 monitoring and solution analysis trends and insights
- Advocate for customers’ priorities internally within Salesforce while proactively working with the Salesforce R&D, Infrastructure & Product teams on technical issues, product roadmap changes, new feature requests, technical hurdles, etc
- Be a point-of-contact for all Support-related post-sales activities (pre-implementation through steady-state and renewal) and orchestrate all Salesforce teams’ efforts to ensure the highest levels of customer happiness
To be successful in this role, the following experience is preferred:
- Experience in a customer-facing role, working with executive customers, supporting customer technical implementations or transformation programs
- Fluent in English.
- Comfortable with working autonomously and as part of a remote team
- Experienced at leading the navigation, prioritisation, and management of technically sophisticated customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and high volumes of transactions/load in distributed enterprise systems
- Good communication skills - having previously communicated effectively with and influenced at all levels of the internal organisation and with the customer
- Have some understanding of database, application, and network technologies used in Cloud Computing (i.e. knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy), and internet technologies (i.e firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, application servers, CDN, DNS).
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competences for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively in challenging circumstances
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Technologically savvy!
Have you heard of our 1:1:1 model, focused on giving back to the community? The success in giving back have helped us and our Trailblazer community become a leader in philanthropy, culture, and innovation. We are one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, according to Forbes, we are #1 in PEOPLE’s Top 15 Companies that Care, and are on Fortune’s Change the World list. Values create value. Our values helped drive our revenue number to $13.28 billion dollars in fiscal years in 2019.
We have a public-facing website that explains our various benefits for:
- Health benefits
- Financial benefits and perks
- Time off and leave policies
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
Visit https://www.salesforcebenefits.com/ for the full breakdown.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.