Software Engineer Backend Infra
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
As an engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software for deploying Kubernetes at scale. You will be creating design documents, presenting them to an audience, and then implementing your designs. A large part of your job will also include evaluating and integrating open-source technologies into the Salesforce Kubernetes stack. This position includes an on-call rotation.
Hyper Compute Control Plane (HCCP), is an internal Kubernetes team at Salesforce. Our team provides pipelines that deploy Salesforce’s multi-substrate Kubernetes. We empower service owners to focus on the unique value of their service without having to focus on infrastructure, increasing developer agility and decreasing operational costs and complexity.
As of today, ALL K8s based services running on Salesforce’s public cloud platform use HCCP pipelines. This includes Salesforce critical services such as Core, SDB, Marketing & Journeys, Service Cloud, Tableau, Sales Cloud, GovCloud, etc. The HCCP team is pivotal to the success of the company with the overall strategy of the company to move to public cloud.
Comprehension in the following programming languages or equivalents
Golang, Python / Bash (Minimal shell knowledge is required, but familiarity is required), etc
Comprehension and hands-on experience in the following technologies
- Kubernetes, Docker, and container orchestration
- AWS services, including strong skills with EKS
- CI/CD services. eg. Jenkins, Argo, Spinnaker
- Observability tools. e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Argus
- at least 8 years of experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as code
- Understanding of DevOps Principles
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a distributed team environment.
Why should you join the HCCP team?
- Opportunity to make a big impact across the Company
- Enhancements to the platform positively impact 1500+ service team across salesforce
- Leverage to reduce cost to serve
- Ability to work on a growing open source technology Kubernetes.
- Creative Freedom to solve large scale issues for distributed systems.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.