Lead Evangelist, Architect Relations
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Salesforce Well-Architected & Architect Relations team ensures everyone doing architectural work with Salesforce has resources and tools to create healthy implementations. We make it easier to understand if a Salesforce org is well-architected, where to focus time and effort during projects and help architects building with Salesforce do the best work of their lives. We stay connected to experts and expertise in our ecosystem and bring them into our work through global technical evangelism & engagement, as well as through open paths for feedback & contribution across our content channels and events. In collaboration with partners across the company, we use Salesforce Well-Architected to create more implementation-ready Trailblazers.
In this role, you will create, plan and deliver work that includes:
* Innovative, industry-defining technical content & media distributed via architect.salesforce.com and Salesforce Architects channels
*Internal- and external-facing architectural enablement efforts (in collaboration with stakeholder teams)
* Global architect events (inclusive of ecosystem-led, third-party and Salesforce-led events)
* Global ecosystem engagement for Salesforce Well-Architected & Salesforce Architects
Overall, your work would be grounded in a highly developed drive to help people to take on difficult problems and do the right thing. You have an interest in putting together disparate details, thinking along multiple dimensions at the same time and finding the clarity in ambiguity and complexity. You thrive by taking on new challenges and projects, exploring the unknown. You cannot stop tinkering, building and rolling up your sleeves to learn by doing—and sharing what you’ve discovered. If you’re driven by asking ‘what if?’ and giving people the tools and inspiration to become the architects of their own dreams, this job will fuel your creative engine like nothing else.
You’re Excited About This Role Because You Will:
* Develop original technical content and opinion across multiple channels, enabling architects to understand and use Well-Architected, the many tools & resources on architect.salesforce.com, as well as the growing portfolio of Salesforce products
* Act as editor & technical advisor for ecosystem contributed content across multiple channels
* Contribute to maintenance and development of architect.salesforce.com, Salesforce Well-Architected
* Regularly build workshops and content for public engagements, with regular domestic and occasional international travel of up to 30%
* Build & foster effective relationships across our global customer base (inside & outside Salesforce) and ecosystem, amplify how we engage and act on feedback
* Work closely with colleagues in product & engineering to comprehend and influence upcoming technologies, features and tools
* As needed, contribute to architectural best practices content, enablement & training efforts
* As needed, occasionally advise valued customers and partners on best practices, architecture, and design to speed adoption and customer success
* As needed, develop and collaborate on strategy around competitive technology, tools, and industry trends
We’re Excited to About You Because You:
* Are driven to share best practices, how-to advice and essential technical insights across multiple channels, in ways that unlock the curiosity in others
* Have 5+ years experience working as an architect, with multiple projects involving Salesforce technologies
* Are a flexible, thoughtful, authentic, and deep thinker who can’t stop exploring and building with various technologies
* Can stay focused on longer-term goals while executing day-to-day tactics, especially in a fast-paced environment
* Are a creative and self-motivated team player with strong communication skills who always puts the customer first
* Approach your work with a deep sense of wonder and calculated risk, learning equally well from successes and...not-successes
* Are an experienced cat herder and project wrangler who isn't fazed by managing the needs of many stakeholders at the same time
* Build strong relationships and thrive in collaborative, cross-functional project environments
* Have a proven track record in building solutions with a wide variety of technologies that create value for businesses
* Practical experience using Salesforce Well-Architected (and architect.salesforce.com) in your day-to-day work
* Experience writing blogs, building product demos, building effective technical visuals & slides, technical mentoring and/or teaching
* Experience with Github and source-based workflows
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $172,500 to $237,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.