Salesforce Program Manager/Senior Director
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking a Program Manager with the drive, experience, and skill set to lead our most complex Professional Services programs (both advisory and implementation) through to value realization for our customers. You will lead programs where you not only help create the strategy but also guide our customers at the executive level to align on overall objectives and outcomes of the engagement as well as the KPIs to measure its success. You will be accountable for leading the execution to achieve the desired value and outcomes.
- Drive the program strategy as well as the alignment of outcomes and KPIs to measure the engagement’s success at the executive level
- Deliver the Program as agreed and manage senior stakeholders to achieve the aligned upon outcomes and/or contractual deliverables
- Manage and align the different work streams within the program to achieve the holistic business outcome(s) for the customer
- Partner with executive decision makers and functional consultants to deliver customer success and help our customers achieve business value
- Partner with internal teams (Sales, Success, Product, Executive Sponsors, etc) to make sure we are aligned as One Salesforce and leveraging all necessary parties to ensure our customers’ success
- Proactively build and expand business relationships which enable us to support, develop, and win business that delivers mutual value
- Define and create foundational Program Management processes/documentation such as risk management plan, governance plan, communication plan, program plan, project plan, financial management plan, etc
- Initiate challenging conversations in areas where expectations with the client or individuals on the team are not being met and work on plans to improve the outcomes
- Plan and manage program staffing and financials
- Build a project plan complete with dependencies, owners, and dates. Lead the successful execution of that plan.
- Coach and partner with customer executives
- Apply strong Salesforce product, business process, methodology & ecosystem knowledge to drive success
- Have difficult conversations regarding budget, resources, and timeline and formally collect and communicate outcomes of those meetings.
- Identify, handle and mitigate program risk
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for Salesforce, our values, and especially the role the Salesforce Services organization plays in our success.
- 10+ years using/implementing the core Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud), ideally as a consultant
- A successful track record of leading large ($10MM +) and complex programs with measurable outcomes that have positively impacted the business
- A strong sense of vision for the customer with a maniacal focus on executing at speed
- A proven ability to generate trust and build relationships
- The ability to advise and lead teams through influence without positional authority
- The ability to quickly build momentum on a program and sustain it
- A significant understanding of the Salesforce platform in order to influence strategic and value discussions at a management level
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- 5+ years leading a team of 40+ people across multiple geographies and workstreams
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to rapidly build senior level credibility with the Customer in a true partnership relationship
- Ability to drive and shape the big picture while having an eye for the details
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse team members and external parties operating in a matrixed environment
- Ability to lead client, SIs, and internal teams from strategy to roadmap to execution
- Ability to lead large and/or enterprise-wide engagements, facilitate meetings, create action plans, mentor teams of junior team members and effectively manage client escalations.
- Ability to lead high powered workshops and effectively tailor messaging based on the audience and subject matter
- 10+ years experience in Program Management role
- 5-10 years experience in managing external client projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business consulting and systems development with financial responsibility for those projects.
- Demonstrated program leadership skills, with direct responsibility for managing project teams, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated negotiation, conflict management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated history of delivering successful programs that result in measurable business value
- Undergraduate degree; relevant technical or business (MBA) post-graduate degree is a plus
- PMP Certification
- SAFe Certification
- Salesforce.com Certifications (Admin, Sales, Service, Marketing, etc.) preferred but not necessary
Travel is an integral part of this role, and will be based on individual customer needs. 50%+ travel to be expected
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $198,800 to $303,200.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $180,700 to $275,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $198,800 to $303,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.